The end of Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s ads?

rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: The end of Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s ads?

Post by rwsandiego »

Searching for "Hardee's Logo Change" yielded this story from Nation's Restaurant News.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

It will be interesting to see how far they go with this. It has been 15-20 years since that old Hardees logo was used... and that was during a pretty bad time for Hardees.

I think Carl's is running on fumes at this point. Those $5 boxes are driving a lot of traffic to their locations but I am questioning if this was the right move. The quality of the items in those boxes isn't very good. They recently downsized the fries in the box from a small to a kids size.

I think they could make more money focusing on smaller servings/quantities of quality offerings. They had the $1 Sliders which were a good start. Now discontinued. I enjoyed the $1.20 Western Slider as a good value offering, very tasty and a nice size (did not have bacon, think that would have made it 1.70 or something). The 5.59 price point my local Carls has for a regular single Western is simply too high for me. They also used to have some chicken strip sandwiches (had 2 strips on them) which had ranch, bbq sauce, lettuce, and I forget what else on a small size bun at a low $3.xx price point, and those were also tasty but again those got discontinued for some reason.
submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Post by submariner »

Well, this is awkward... the Carl's Jr and Hardee's main websites have updated their logos... and Hardees is back to mimicking the Carl's Jr logo with the refreshed happy star (with red drop shadow and eyebrows) and the slightly modified script font.

Either the Memphis Thickburger advertising was a test to gauge the marketing of the old logo, or CKE's marketing folks are just going all-out battle royale in the offices...

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 7.19.00 PM.png
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

There does not seem to be a very clear strategy with these chains.

I am concerned for the future of both chains. Carls has really gone downhill the past five years.
submariner

Post by submariner »

Well, I guess the divorce got canceled...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

submariner wrote: July 29th, 2018, 7:49 pm Well, I guess the divorce got canceled...
I think it's closer to a 'Friends with Benefits' relationship. Nobody wants to admit they're connected, but they want to share in the strengths of each side.