In 'N Out temporarily closes Texas restaurants due to substandard buns

pseudo3d

Re: In 'N Out temporarily closes Texas restaurants due to substandard buns

Post by pseudo3d »

architect wrote: June 13th, 2018, 9:50 pm Speaking of Whataburger, this situation is also affecting them along with Raising Cane's:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/res ... y-concerns
Well, I would guess that they just outed a bakery that makes things for Raising Cane's, Whataburger, and In-N-Out. Chances are it's in Dallas (most bakeries are local), if it was a meat or poultry product, it's anyone's guess (raw and processed chicken goes over state lines all the time). I suppose you could reverse-engineer the plant by searching for all the bakeries in the greater D-FW area, and checking to see any fast food trucks in the lot via Street View....
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

pseudo3d wrote: June 14th, 2018, 7:42 am I suppose you could reverse-engineer the plant by searching for all the bakeries in the greater D-FW area, and checking to see any fast food trucks in the lot via Street View....
You'd actually have to look at the restaurant parking lots. Most bakeries do direct delivery to the restaurants as they do with grocers. Just be patient. It will be revealed.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

wnetmacman wrote: June 14th, 2018, 11:05 am
pseudo3d wrote: June 14th, 2018, 7:42 am I suppose you could reverse-engineer the plant by searching for all the bakeries in the greater D-FW area, and checking to see any fast food trucks in the lot via Street View....
You'd actually have to look at the restaurant parking lots. Most bakeries do direct delivery to the restaurants as they do with grocers. Just be patient. It will be revealed.
My reasoning comes from a McDonald's bakery I know of, though their website is fairly obvious that they do just McDonald's hamburger buns. I know a few things about food distribution...some items do mark where they came from, others do not. When I worked at Subway there wasn't ANYTHING marked with its manufacturer (originally), except for the mustard (that was French's).