Applebee's Closings (R.M.H. Franchise Holdings)

a42887
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Applebee's Closings (R.M.H. Franchise Holdings)

Post by a42887 »

Two Applebee's have closed since R.M.H. Franchise Holdings declared bankruptcy last month.

- 2303 Osborne Dr. W, Hastings, NE
(http://www.ksnblocal4.com/content/news/ ... 52771.html)
- 359 Miracle St, Evansville (Casper), WY
(http://kisscasper.com/evansville-appleb ... ow-closed/)

Wonder how many of their small town locations are on the chopping block.
Super S

Re: Applebee's Closings (R.M.H. Franchise Holdings)

Post by Super S »

Applebee's does surprisingly well in some small towns where variety is limited and many locally owned restaurants aren't very well-run and leave a lot to be desired. I don't understand how, but some of those locations are constantly busy.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Super S wrote: July 28th, 2018, 8:13 am Applebee's does surprisingly well in some small towns where variety is limited and many locally owned restaurants aren't very well-run and leave a lot to be desired. I don't understand how, but some of those locations are constantly busy.
I have noticed this too in some smaller towns. I think part of it is like how Denny's is successful on roadside locations. So far Applebee's hasn't closed a thing in my area and they have a pretty good penetration of locations. I'm not sure if they are corporate owned or franchised.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

A couple of weeks ago my wife, her sister and I were in Sequim WA for the Lavender Festival (not exactly middle of nowhere, but fairly isolated from any of the major Seattle metro area cities) and ended up at an Applebee's there. That location seemed to be quite busy, and service seemed pretty good compared to some of the mediocre Applebee's locations I've been to closer to home.