J-Man
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Chuck E. Cheese Files for Bankruptcy

Post by J-Man »

Alpha8472

Re: Chuck E. Cheese Files for Bankruptcy

Post by Alpha8472 »

I do not know how the chain can survive. I pass by a Chuck E. Cheese every day and they advertise $5 pizzas and wings. Is the food even good? Indoor dining in the county is not allowed. What else can kids do there if the video games are not available?

The restaurant is so desperate that they have posted paper signs advertising the $5 menu on street lights hoping that someone will actually set foot in the restaurant. Maybe if they could roll those arcade games outdoors and set up an outdoor arcade they could do some business.
Super S

Post by Super S »

I don't see how an outside arcade would work. Video games etc. are not really made for outdoors to begin with, and with the unrest going on in some areas, this would be attractive for thieves.

I have never been to a Chuck E. Cheese's myself (I have no kids) but from what I hear their pizza is nothing special. Maybe it would be ok for $5.00, but Little Caesars already has an established presence with low-priced pizza.

I do remember visiting similar chain Showbiz Pizza (which Chuck E. Cheese purchased) when I was younger. The games and the animatronic show were the big deal there. The pizza was ok.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

This is a concept that is ripe to not last through this period. They rely on groups of people and kids being close together for long time periods. I wouldn't set foot in one of these places right now.

I recall the pizza being kind of passable at best. Definitely not the best. The $5 may be a good deal. Frozen pizza seems safer; Signature Select ultra thin crust is excellent.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

COVID-aside, they've been in trouble for years trying to reposition themselves in different ways. The company like many restaurant chains, has been owned by vulture capital which probably hasn't helped. Basically, it's a 1980s concept that has run its course.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Hopefully Peter Piper gets spun out of the CEC mess, it was a decent product pizza-wise and the cheapest place in town for lunch with their pizza buffet