Burger King's Restaurant Of Tomorrow

pseudo3d

Re: Burger King's Restaurant Of Tomorrow

Post by pseudo3d »

SamSpade wrote: October 28th, 2020, 11:35 am Apparently most Burger Kings can look forward to a dual drive through with large "TV style" menu screens... hmm, sounds familiar. Where have I seen that before? :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/10/t ... look-like/

No rendering of what a "modernized" Popeyes drive through will look like.
The TV screens are only useful when they don't have items available (like when the McDonald's frequently stops serving milkshakes). Other than that, they're just vandalism magnets that break down easily and often disappear entirely to run ads.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I have seen a new Taco Bell with video screen menus at the drive thru. It looked ok. There were some videos playing from time to time, but most of the time it was the normal menu. I think it will work just fine.

The contactless payment thing at a drive thru is not new. Jack In The Box used to have contactless NFC pads at the drive thru years ago. Then for some reason they got rid of them. I used to use my contactless credit card there years ago. Perhaps this was around 2003?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 28th, 2020, 8:37 pm I have seen a new Taco Bell with video screen menus at the drive thru. It looked ok. There were some videos playing from time to time, but most of the time it was the normal menu. I think it will work just fine.

The contactless payment thing at a drive thru is not new. Jack In The Box used to have contactless NFC pads at the drive thru years ago. Then for some reason they got rid of them. I used to use my contactless credit card there years ago. Perhaps this was around 2003?
Jack in the Box had those contactless readers on the drive through windows from about 2003-2012 or so (in some locations). It seemed like the swipers broke real fast and there were some concerns about skimming but the Contactless part worked quite a bit longer. Also Pollo Tropical in FL and Whataburger had similar readers on the drive through windows (they were all using the same NCR system). Pollo Tropical in Jacksonville near the airport there had one of those readers active as recently as a few years ago, was surprised to see it.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

A number of restaurants around here (Taco Bell, KFC and McDonald's come to mind) have been able to take NFC payments inside for a while now, and several of these can now do the same in the drive thru, Typically they will hold the pinpad (which also has the chip reader on it) out the window and have the user either insert their chip card or tap the NFC reader.