Jack In The Box

Alpha8472

Jack In The Box

Post by Alpha8472 »

Jack In The Box saw its best increase in sales since 1994. Traffic is down, but the size of each check has gone up. I have noticed that Jack In The Box restaurants are very busy. Perhaps the wait times at the drive thru are up as people are ordering more in each transaction.

The free food deals on the app are very enticing. You go there for the free food, but end up ordering tons of other items to go with it. They have had many new items in the past several months. It is always changing and the variety is quite good. Other fast food chains do not have nearly enough new items to draw people in.

Jack In The Box has rolled out a new small footprint prototype to spur growth. There are options for drive thru only locations. Most Jack In The Box locations have always had small dining rooms. The 70s and 80s era stores all seemed to have a similar layout.

I do not recall ever seeing outdoor tables at any Jack In The Box. Most of the Jack In The Box locations in Northern California seem to have closed their dining rooms when the pandemic started. That is the problem with Jack In The Box. They do not have any outdoor tables, so I see many people eating in their cars in the parking lot or standing around using their car as a table.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Jack In The Box

Post by jamcool »

JITB began as a drive-thru burger chain with only a few outdoor seats (Remember the box-style building where you “talked to the clown” for an order?) It seems most of the new fast food prototypes-KFC, Taco Bell, BK- are emphasizing drive up/online ordering over indoor seating.
klkla

Post by klkla »

jamcool wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 5:49 am JITB began as a drive-thru burger chain with only a few outdoor seats (Remember the box-style building where you “talked to the clown” for an order?) It seems most of the new fast food prototypes-KFC, Taco Bell, BK- are emphasizing drive up/online ordering over indoor seating.
In case anyone is too young to remember:

jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Jack’s tacos...a favorite of drunks and stoners everywhere! Washed down with a refreshing Jack Cola! (They didn’t switch to Coke until the mid-70s)
klkla

Post by klkla »

jamcool wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 3:22 pm Jack’s tacos...a favorite of drunks and stoners everywhere! Washed down with a refreshing Jack Cola! (They didn’t switch to Coke until the mid-70s)
Yes, you had to be drunk or stoned to enjoy their tacos lol. I may have enjoyed more than a few of those tacos when I was young.

I remember all those price points and most of the items but don't remember them having shrimp. Was it fried?
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

Alpha8472 wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 2:59 am...I do not recall ever seeing outdoor tables at any Jack In The Box. Most of the Jack In The Box locations in Northern California seem to have closed their dining rooms when the pandemic started. That is the problem with Jack In The Box. They do not have any outdoor tables, so I see many people eating in their cars in the parking lot or standing around using their car as a table.
There are a few remaining examples in San Diego. El Cajon Blvd in North Park and Washington Street in Mission Hills are the two that come to mind. That's because in San Diego one can eat outdoors practically year-round.
jamcool wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 3:22 pm...Yes, you had to be drunk or stoned to enjoy their tacos lol. I may have enjoyed more than a few of those tacos when I was young. ...
Jack in the Box closed its Chicago locations long before I was of drinking age, so I never got to enjoy them under the influence. However, as an adult they are one of my truly guilty pleasures. A couple of years ago they had a nacho jumbo taco. It was absolutely disgusting and sooooooooo delicious.
Super S

Post by Super S »

jamcool wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 3:22 pm Jack’s tacos...a favorite of drunks and stoners everywhere! Washed down with a refreshing Jack Cola! (They didn’t switch to Coke until the mid-70s)
I seem to remember Jack In The Box not heavily mentioning Coke products until sometime relatively recently, their drink cups for the longest time had to reference to any brand of pop, making me wonder if they had Pepsi at some locations.

For a fast food establishment they do offer a decent variety of items. They also have good milkshakes.