Boston Market

Alpha8472

Re: Boston Market

Post by Alpha8472 »

This raises some concern as it is possible that someone working in the store has COVID and they purposely closed the dine in even though they should be in quarantine.

These people have no other means of income and are working while infected. In that case, I too would avoid this location.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

Alpha8472 wrote: April 20th, 2021, 4:52 pm This raises some concern as it is possible that someone working in the store has COVID and they purposely closed the dine in even though they should be in quarantine.

These people have no other means of income and are working while infected. In that case, I too would avoid this location.
No, it implies that they do not have enough staff to handle the load. Many companies at the low end of the pay scale are having issues getting folks to work.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

wnetmacman wrote: April 27th, 2021, 1:15 pm

No, it implies that they do not have enough staff to handle the load. Many companies at the low end of the pay scale are having issues getting folks to work.
These businesses will simply have to increase prices in order to pay staff enough to come work for them. They can cut expenses by removing slow moving items, eliminating unproductive hours of operation, as well, but that will only go so far.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

Tried BM last week for lunch. Only two employees so the line was long, but the service was very sweet and they were doing their best. Wanted to try THEIR crispy chicken sandwich (they've rolled out a new one too---) but they didn't have the breaded chicken breasts. Rather disappointing after a 20 minute wait in line, but she offered to make me one from a boned out breast...OMG it was soooo good with the Nashville sauce drizzled on top. And their bun is the best one I've seen with the "renaissance" of the chicken sandwich--quite shiny/heavily glazed-crusted, but quite fresh and pleasantly chewy.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Romr123 wrote: April 27th, 2021, 5:42 pm Tried BM last week for lunch. Only two employees so the line was long, but the service was very sweet and they were doing their best. Wanted to try THEIR crispy chicken sandwich (they've rolled out a new one too---) but they didn't have the breaded chicken breasts. Rather disappointing after a 20 minute wait in line, but she offered to make me one from a boned out breast...OMG it was soooo good with the Nashville sauce drizzled on top. And their bun is the best one I've seen with the "renaissance" of the chicken sandwich--quite shiny/heavily glazed-crusted, but quite fresh and pleasantly chewy.
Yes, this is a high quality fast food. Their crispy chicken breast is oven baked and tastes it, but it isn't bad. As you point out the sauce they use is quite good as is the bun. Really the one with the pulled roasted chicken and the sauce was probably better actually. They may want to offer/advertise that option too.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

storewanderer wrote: April 27th, 2021, 5:17 pm
wnetmacman wrote: April 27th, 2021, 1:15 pm

These businesses will simply have to increase prices in order to pay staff enough to come work for them. They can cut expenses by removing slow moving items, eliminating unproductive hours of operation, as well, but that will only go so far.
Yep, that is what most incompetent employers and managers do...................increase prices for customers to pay for living wages for their employees.

;)
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Tighter cleaning standards due to the Chinus, is also why restaurant prices are going up. All of those plastic panels, masks, and gloves cost money.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: April 28th, 2021, 7:01 am Yep, that is what most incompetent employers and managers do...................increase prices for customers to pay for living wages for their employees.

;)
Unfortunately when you are faced with cost increases for raw materials, cost increases for utilities, cost increases for insurance of all kinds, cost increases for rent, in addition to any labor cost increases, you are forced to increase prices. I am the last one to promote a price increase to the customer as I am very price sensitive as a consumer, however, the cycle of events that has taken place in the past year has just been too much and at this point I am finally accepting of price increases. Small price increases anyway.

But- if you can run a business in this current environment and still get results you are satisfied with, without a price increase, that is great. You will gain significant business. I am certainly looking for businesses that have this formula figured out to give my dollars to.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Tried Boston Market again tonight. The handwritten misspelled sign was replaced with a typed properly spelled sign which says the same thing- so inside continues to be closed and it is still drive through only.

This is getting to be a bit much. Chickfila has or is about to re-open dine in, has already re-opened take out, Jack in the Box has reopened almost every location in the area as has Wendys for to-go or dine in, and a handfull of McDonalds are open for to-go.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

This location is just too stingy to hire more people to staff indoor dining.