Arby's New Logo

Alpha8472

Arby's New Logo

Post by Alpha8472 »

Arby's has adopted a new logo. The name is now in lower case, and the sign looks like it has a 3D texture.

The chain has dumped the "Good Mood Food" slogan. They are now emphasizing the fact that Arby's slices their meat fresh in their stores.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on October 3rd, 2012, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Arby's New Logo

Post by jamcool »

In other words, they now freshly slice the ground-up loaf they call "roast beef" :roll:
KingU8ol0Soopers
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Post by KingU8ol0Soopers »

Here's a picture:

Their old logo was definitely outdated and probably needed to be updated a couple of years ago...
Forum Moderator
Super S

Post by Super S »

My opinion? the lowercase logo looks out of place on the "hat" part of the logo. Not a great logo change if you ask me.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

The lower case 70s font doesn't match the "Cowboy" hat
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

So they've gone from a 70s looking font to an 80s looking font. If they capitalized the A it might look OK, but it just looks weird.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... #r=nav-fst

There's some discussion of the logo change here. The professional designers' opinions on the new logo seem mixed, but the commenters opinions seem overwhelmingly negative.

After taking another look at this, I think the main problem I have with this is the apostrophe, which not only looks weird, but also looks far too much like the Yum Brands logo, to the point that I think they'd have a pretty good case to litigate the matter.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Apparently Arby's has changed its logo again....the lower case font has been changed to "Arby's" in the Rockford font (no more lower case dreck)
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The same investment group that owns Arbys is now taking a majority ownership of Carls/Hardees.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

This is an interesting development. Arby's has been doing quite poorly. Perhaps, Roark Capital Group hopes that Carl's Jr. could influence Arby's to increase their profits.

It will be interesting to see if there are major changes to Arby's in the future. When Carl's and Hardee's joined forces, the two chains started to serve practically the same kind of food. Even the commercials were shared between the two chains.

Will Arby's become another Carl's Jr. clone? Or will the unthinkable happen and all three chains will be revamped.