75 Carrows and Coco's Closed

Alpha8472

75 Carrows and Coco's Closed

Post by Alpha8472 »

Food Management took over the parent company of Carrows and Coco's and on the first official day of ownership 75 of their restaurants were closed. That is nearly half of their restaurants.

Close to 3,000 employees are now unemployed. Those with company cars were told to leave their cars that day and find another way home. That is cold.
Super S

Re: 75 Carrows and Coco's Closed

Post by Super S »

I have noticed that Carrow's quietly disappeared from the Portland, Oregon area a few years ago. Their restaurants were not all that great in my opinion.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

I've never been incredibly impressed with the Cocos I've been to in Arizona. I almost bet that some of this has to do with a demographic shift. The typical Cocos customer (at least what I've seen) tends to be a senior citizen (and I believe that many of these customers are literally dying off).
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

Carrows and Cocos were once common in Sacro as recently as the 1990's.Now,it's down to a single Cocos in Sunrise Village(Citrus Heights).Another Cocos opposite Arden Fair is set to become a Black Bear Diner,while the Roseville Carrows is set to become an IHOP.
For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.