Article about Lloyd Center renovation

Super S

Article about Lloyd Center renovation

Post by Super S »

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/inde ... _is_a.html

I have mixed feelings about the future of the mall, especially with Nordstrom gone, the likely closure of Sears (which the article hints at) and nothing that tells one way or another what Macy's plans are. It seems that the mall overall has seen a slow decline the last few years. It remains to be seen if they can bounce back.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Article about Lloyd Center renovation

Post by SamSpade »

I do hope they are successful in finding a few more full-service restaurant tenants. While Stanfords is actually quite nice and not as pricey as some might think (but not really affordable either), the mall could use a little bit in that regard. Recently I met up with a large group of friends (one of whom was a nearby employee) and we had to think about where to go to eat. Stanfords ended up winning, but we almost went off property.

The article is a little bit wrong, assuming the mall owner still owns the two blocks directly northward as they have in the past - there is an Applebee's (ok not a big draw, but a table service restaurant) and Prime Rib & Chocolate Cake, Buffalo Wild Wings adjacent to the Safeway property.

The mall is also still working with the city to "clean up" Holladay Park during the summer with lots of free, family-focused activities. I wish them both the best.