Another tiny center is under construction here

cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Another tiny center is under construction here

Post by cjd »

I noticed in the last few months a tiny strip mall under construction here. It's in front of a Lowes and next to a Wendy's. I didn't even realize there were outparcels there. I can't tell what it's supposed to be as there are no signs. There doesn't appear to be any way to access it aside from the Lowes parking lot, as the doors and windows all face Lowes and not the highway. There appear to be spaces for 3 retailers and there is no overhang over the doors. It kind of reminds me of the strip mall where a Starbucks, Mattress Firm and Panera Bread opened out front just shortly after the Shelby Crossings center opened in 2007. But that strip mall has its own street and parking areas and it faces the highway.

I also heard about a year or two ago that we were supposed to be getting a Steak and Shake but clearly it wouldn't be in here.

Outparcels seems to be the way to go here as most of the larger highway locations are filled after Home Depot, Lowes and Shelby Crossing came in during the last 10-15 years.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Another tiny center is under construction here

Post by cjd »

I saw the sign up close with the occupants. Looks like some women's beauty supply or clothing store in the middle larger space with an unannounced tenant on either side. In other words, not much excitement for me. :lol: