Southeastern Grocers consolidating private label brands across all banners

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. No non-grocery posts.
cathandler
Front-End Supervisor
Front-End Supervisor

Southeastern Grocers consolidating private label brands across all banners

Post by cathandler »

pseudo3d

Re: Southeastern Grocers consolidating private label brands across all banners

Post by pseudo3d »

It was already mentioned in another thread, but I guess here is a good place to discuss it further.

http://www.retailwatchers.com/viewtopic ... =10#p11370
cathandler
Front-End Supervisor
Front-End Supervisor

Post by cathandler »

pseudo3d wrote:It was already mentioned in another thread, but I guess here is a good place to discuss it further.

http://www.retailwatchers.com/viewtopic ... =10#p11370
I thought it might be worthwhile to break it off into a separate thread since the other thread was Winn-Dixie-specific. Here's a better look at their three-tier PL strategy:
http://www.progressivegrocer.com/indust ... -pl-revamp
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

So it looks like even Chek is no more?
klkla

Post by klkla »

pseudo3d wrote:So it looks like even Chek is no more?
Check survived along with a couple other legacy WD brands.

"Some existing Southeastern brands like Chek sodas, the Whiskers & Tails pet line and Lip-Lickin Chicken will continue. Chek will get new packaging, officials said."

http://www.supermarketnews.com/private- ... innovation
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

klkla wrote:

"Some existing Southeastern brands like Chek sodas, the Whiskers & Tails pet line and Lip-Lickin Chicken will continue. Chek will get new packaging, officials said."

If I can, I'll go see this week if any of the new Chek packaging has made it to my local store. I saw a ton of SEGrocers packaging on many other items a couple of weeks ago.

Good bye Thrifty Maid, good bye Superbrand, good bye Winn Dixie brand. Won't be long 'til they change the names on the front door.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

wnetmacman wrote:
klkla wrote:

If I can, I'll go see this week if any of the new Chek packaging has made it to my local store. I saw a ton of SEGrocers packaging on many other items a couple of weeks ago.

Good bye Thrifty Maid, good bye Superbrand, good bye Winn Dixie brand. Won't be long 'til they change the names on the front door.
With the dilution by Harveys and Fresco y Mas, I wouldn't be surprised to see more conversions. Though at this rate, I expect BI-LO to be dismantled first.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

wnetmacman wrote:
klkla wrote:

What do you think they would change the names to? Winn-Dixie? SE Grocers? Southeastern Grocers?
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

rwsandiego wrote:What do you think they would change the names to? Winn-Dixie? SE Grocers? Southeastern Grocers?
Noting their recent history of 'nothing we already know', I'd guess that they'll try something local but unknown. With many of both Bi-Lo and WD stores going to Harveys and Fresco Y Mas, I'd say they may try to expand those banners more, since they seem to be successful thus far. I'm not sure if any of that would work in Louisiana where I am; our Hispanic population isn't large, so that would put FYM out. Folks here will try new names but once they discover it's the same place, they will move away quickly.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

wnetmacman wrote:
rwsandiego wrote:What do you think they would change the names to? Winn-Dixie? SE Grocers? Southeastern Grocers?
Noting their recent history of 'nothing we already know', I'd guess that they'll try something local but unknown. With many of both Bi-Lo and WD stores going to Harveys and Fresco Y Mas, I'd say they may try to expand those banners more, since they seem to be successful thus far. I'm not sure if any of that would work in Louisiana where I am; our Hispanic population isn't large, so that would put FYM out. Folks here will try new names but once they discover it's the same place, they will move away quickly.
Maybe Albertsons will buy them. :lol: :roll: