Winn-Dixie converting rewards to Plenti

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. No non-grocery posts.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Winn-Dixie converting rewards to Plenti

Post by wnetmacman »

Previously, SEGrocers converted a few Harveys stores to Plenti for rewards. Now, they've done (at least as far as I can find) the entire Winn-Dixie chain. It could be in Bi-Lo and Fresco y Mas as well, but we only have WD here:

Baton Rouge story about Plenti
storewanderer

Re: Winn-Dixie converting rewards to Plenti

Post by storewanderer »

I may be the only one but I like the Plenti program at Rite Aid (much better than their previous program called +up). I like that the points do not expire for 2 years and that you can redeem them at places other than Rite Aid. I find this to be much more user friendly than the comparable CVS Extra Buck program due to the awards being paperless and due to the awards not expiring for 2 years.

I am not as impressed by the Plenti program at Macys where the points earnings are very minimal. I like the redemption option at Exxon/Mobil but again points earnings are very minimal.
Knight
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Knight »

All Southeastern Grocers banners are dropping their card programs for Plenti and are discontinuing Fuelperks. Fuel chains that partnered for Fuelperks will lose business. Supermarkets with fuel centers will gain customers.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

Knight wrote:All Southeastern Grocers banners are dropping their card programs for Plenti and are discontinuing Fuelperks. Fuel chains that partnered for Fuelperks will lose business. Supermarkets with fuel centers will gain customers.
I can't speak for Bi-Lo, but there aren't many Winn-Dixie stores that have fuel centers. In my area, Fuelperks was partnered only with Shell, which made things somewhat advantageous when you could build enough points up.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote:I may be the only one but I like the Plenti program at Rite Aid (much better than their previous program called +up). I like that the points do not expire for 2 years and that you can redeem them at places other than Rite Aid. I find this to be much more user friendly than the comparable CVS Extra Buck program due to the awards being paperless and due to the awards not expiring for 2 years.

I am not as impressed by the Plenti program at Macys where the points earnings are very minimal. I like the redemption option at Exxon/Mobil but again points earnings are very minimal.
They do work easier than the +up rewards. Not only for the longer time to use them, but also the option to use them in any quantity (over $2).
Where with the +up, you might have $10 worth, but if they were $2, $3 and $5 and you spent $6 you could only use $5 (having to pay the additional $1 in cash), this way you can use the whole $6 (and even cover the sales tax for the exact amount of the order if you have more than the order totals to).

There aren't always, but if you check the site there have been quite a few times with extra points for the Mobil/Exxon (like 100 points if you buy 5 gallons, which works out to $0.20 back per gallon if you get just the 5). Even though they may be a bit higher than other stations, that always drops it to be the cheapest option, at least around here.

On the other side, the CVS bucks seem to offer better deals sometimes, but for some reason around here they've been only doing an ad every 2 weeks, so not quite as many as in the past.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The other thing with Plenti is you can use it to pay sales tax also since it works like a payment card. I have also learned that you can purchase from Riteaid.com and use/earn Plenti points which makes for some very interesting deals.

CVS is on a 2 week ad cycle in Nevada also now, this has really messed up my Extra Bucks shopping. Also CVS in northern California has switched to smaller 8 page ads and run an ad every week, but not necessarily as large of an ad as some other regions have or the same offers.

I think with Winn Dixie involved we will start to see more/better grocery offers on Plenti.
Knight
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Knight »

wnetmacman wrote:I can't speak for Bi-Lo, but there aren't many Winn-Dixie stores that have fuel centers. In my area, Fuelperks was partnered only with Shell, which made things somewhat advantageous when you could build enough points up.
Southeastern Grocers does not operate fuel centers at BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harvey's Supermarket, and Winn-Dixie.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Mobil is fairly present in their markets aren't they? This Plenti thing allows redemption at Mobil, but no flat fuel discount...

It will be interesting to see if Southeastern Grocers can get the rewards program similar to Rite Aid where the Plenti points are coming in large chunks, like buy the toothpaste at $2.99 and get back $1.00 in Plenti points. This is where the rewards add up and you get great deals when combining it with manufacturer coupons.

If it is like Macys where you get back one or two Plenti points (meaning one or two cents back) for every dollar you spend, then yawn.
Knight
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Knight »

I cannot speak for ExxonMobil, but has anyone noticed retailers involved with Plenti are having issues of their own (i.e. Rite Aid, Macy's, Southeastern Grocers)?
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Knight wrote:I cannot speak for ExxonMobil, but has anyone noticed retailers involved with Plenti are having issues of their own (i.e. Rite Aid, Macy's, Southeastern Grocers)?
Not sure that Rite Aid really falls into that category - Walgreens wants to buy them but that doesn't mean they are having an issue. Unlike the others where they were/are looking for a buyer, this one was the buyer looking for them (or at least it seems so).