CVS Giving Out Raley's Bags

Alpha8472

CVS Giving Out Raley's Bags

Post by Alpha8472 »

I was at a CVS last night in Walnut Creek, California and saw them giving out Raley's/Nob Hill /Bel Air paper bags. This was formerly the Longs Drugs Flagship store. They even charged the customary 10 center paper bag fee.

I don't know if it was a problem with their supplier or if they made a mistake themselves. I have seen strange things before in this city. The Rite Aid store once sold TopCo/TopCare branded products. Apparently, the store received many products branded as TopCo when they were supposed to be branded as Rite Aid. Rite Aid put them on the shelves and sold them. Perhaps, the company that makes TopCo products also makes Rite Aid products. The items looked identical except for the labels. At the register, the items rang up at the same price as the Rite Aid equivalents. I tend to like the TopCare name much better than Rite Aid. TopCare seems to give an image of better overall quality.
storewanderer

Re: CVS Giving Out Raley's Bags

Post by storewanderer »

I have not been to a CVS before that was subject to the bag ban. I don't go to CVS much other than the 5 locations within a 10 minute drive of my house. Does CVS typically provide the paper bags with handles like Raleys does? Last time I was at a Rite Aid with a bag ban the paper bags they had did not have handles and were kind of undersized (Truckee).

I think some of the bag bans require the store to provide paper bags with handles?

I sometimes see Kroger brand product at C&S supplied independents in NorCal and surrounding (often dairy, most recently was whip cream at Scolaris in Reno) since the FoodsCos in NorCal are supplied by C&S and C&S is handling Kroger product for them.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

CVS paper bags do not have handles. Raley's bags also do not have handles.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The paper bags Raleys has up here in Reno (free) and also up at South Lake Tahoe, CA (charge 5 cents despite that plastic bag ban not requiring the retailer to charge a fee, must scan bag) both have handles.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Maybe the CVS bags without handles got printed with the Raley's logos by accident. Now it makes sense.