Lucky California introducing ClickCart service

California. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Lucky California introducing ClickCart service

Post by SamSpade »

I realize it's hard to find a unique name for this service, but it does seem pretty similar to Kroger's ClickList name. I suppose that Foods Co. won't be offering pickup any time soon though.

Heard via radio ad. Are SaveMart and/or FoodMaxx using the same name?
storewanderer

Re: Lucky California introducing ClickCart service

Post by storewanderer »

It is only available at the Dublin location.

So it is available at one location.

It is also available at one Save Mart.

Almost every Raleys has eCart and Safeway.com has been running in NorCal for quite some time.

I doubt we will ever see Clicklist at FoodsCo. They would probably need to wear body protective clothing to go out into the parking lots to do the deliveries at some of those locations.
lola42
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by lola42 »

I went in this location recently and saw the Clickcart area, which was convenient and nicely designed. An employee was at a table nearby trying to sign people up.

This store is awfully quiet. Big, beautiful, and very quiet.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

lola42 wrote: July 28th, 2018, 11:42 am I went in this location recently and saw the Clickcart area, which was convenient and nicely designed. An employee was at a table nearby trying to sign people up.

This store is awfully quiet. Big, beautiful, and very quiet.
That is troubling. How was traffic at the surrounding stores (Target, Dick's, etc.)?

The reviews are sure a mixed bag. Reading some of the negative reviews and why the reviews are negative, I can see how it is a challenge to run a heavy perimeter in a store that is not doing much volume. Slippery slope.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/lucky-californ ... =date_desc

Save Mart has implemented an everyday low price program at some of its stores over the past six months. It has been a phased roll out and as of this week may be at all locations under the Save Mart banner. Not sure about "Lucky." Lots of pretty deep everyday price cuts throughout the store but it seems to be centered largely on junk food and heavily processed food items. There are cuts in produce, bakery, meat, deli as well but those cuts are smaller (75 cents instead of 79 cents for a bagel or donut, 4.42/lb instead of 4.99lb for ground round, not enough to get me to try it), and I am a little hesitant based on past experiences with this chain to buy from those departments.