Final Longs ad (NV, anyway)

storewanderer

Final Longs ad (NV, anyway)

Post by storewanderer »

I went to Longs tonight and I'm sure glad I did. In Reno, anyway, they are switching to CVS ad format tomorrow, so the ad that ended tonight is the final Longs format ad at least in this market. They will be running a cobranded AD with a rather small Longs logo in the top left corner of the page and "changing into" with a big CVS/pharmacy logo front and center. So I took a copy of this final (supposed) Longs ad to save.

I will be interested to hear what ads they are running in other markets. I wonder if the Hawaii ads will ever be posted online? As noted in the main thread on this topic, they are doing the conversions in Hawaii right now, a market CVS originally said would not convert until 2010.

Also, all Longs reusable shopping bags (they had canvas, wine, and the plastic/99cent things) were 75% off.

Many sections of the store had CVS format shelf tags for both regular and sale pricing, but it did not appear that they reset the products to CVS product layout yet. A number of items within the regular product sets had CVS clearance tags but with no percent off. I understand CVS clearance is manager discretion on percent off (0, 25, 33, 50, or 75), so maybe this store doesn't know how to get a percent off to kick in there yet since they just got the CVS systems right before Easter.

Also, the Longs "last chance' clearance items on the rack in the corner had all been marked down to 90percent off; it appeared they are trying to get rid of those items.
romleys
Cashier
Cashier

Re: Final Longs ad (NV, anyway)

Post by romleys »

Here in the SF Bay Area we received ads in the newspaper that feature both the LONGS DRUGS and CVS logos next to each other!
luckysaver
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by luckysaver »

According to the California Alcoholic Beverage Control Department, April 19 was the start date for CVS ownership of all Longs liquor licenses. The CVS unit that operates California stores, Garfield Beach CVS LLC, replaced Longs brand products with CVS brand and gave each store (excluding the divested stores) a new CVS store number. Someone told me that Longs will officially change its name to CVS Pharmacy by June.

luckysaver
lvkewlkid
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

Post by lvkewlkid »

romleys wrote:Here in the SF Bay Area we received ads in the newspaper that feature both the LONGS DRUGS and CVS logos next to each other!
Our ads in Las Vegas had the same thing...
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The online ad now automatically routes you to CVS.com. The ad is now in the CVS style with the CVS font and layout. The old Longs style is gone. Also, all of the Longs brands are gone from the ad as well.