Circle K to rebrand 13 LA Stores to Kangaroo Express

storewanderer

Circle K to rebrand 13 LA Stores to Kangaroo Express

Post by storewanderer »

How weird. I don't think these are former Kangaroo Express locations. I am surprised they don't just figure out a way to return most of these dive sites to their rightful original occupant.

https://www.wafb.com/2021/12/30/several ... o-express/

From article
" 1706 Hwy 190 W, Slidell (looks like an original Circle K)
200 Brownswitch Rd., Slidell (former 7-Eleven)
6300 Jefferson Paige Rd., Shreveport (former 7-Eleven)
8590 Youree Dr., Shreveport (former 7-Eleven)
4656 Pontchartrain Dr., Slidell (no idea... dive)
301 Louisville Ave, Monroe (former 7-Eleven)
3003 Kaliste Saloom Rd., Lafayette (maybe original Circle K)
1200 S Morrison Blvd., Hammond (maybe original Circle K)
10221 Coursey Blvd, Baton Rouge (maybe original Circle K)
12891 Coursey Blvd, Baton Rouge (former 7-Eleven)
15421 Old Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge (no idea)
4323 Burbank Drive, Baton Rouge (former 7-Eleven, love the old sign frame)
9144 Hwy 23, Belle Chasse (no idea)"

According to this website there are scattered locations with this Kangaroo banner. Some even in CA. The one in Temecula appears to be new construction in 2019 (????). The one in National City appears to be on gas brand #3 since 2017 (Valero then Sinclair now 76). I don't think that brand was ever used in CA before. Also I see they are calling their fountain drinks "thirstbuster" which was the old Circle K fountain drink name before Polar Pop was used. Very odd someone has decided to keep this brand going for some reason for franchises.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Circle K to rebrand 13 LA Stores to Kangaroo Express

Post by jamcool »

I think Couche-Tard supplies a number of franchised stores under the “Wink’s” name. And oil companies have franchised secondary brands to sell their fuel, Chevron owned Signal and PDQ in the West, ARCO owned the Rocket and Rio Grande fuel brands. And some operated no-frills self serve stations, like Mobil with HiVal, Gulf with Go-Lo, Conoco had FasGas and Kayo.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

storewanderer wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 11:46 pm How weird. I don't think these are former Kangaroo Express locations. I am surprised they don't just figure out a way to return most of these dive sites to their rightful original occupant.

https://www.wafb.com/2021/12/30/several ... o-express/

From article
" 1706 Hwy 190 W, Slidell (looks like an original Circle K)
200 Brownswitch Rd., Slidell (former 7-Eleven)
6300 Jefferson Paige Rd., Shreveport (former 7-Eleven)
8590 Youree Dr., Shreveport (former 7-Eleven)
4656 Pontchartrain Dr., Slidell (no idea... dive)
301 Louisville Ave, Monroe (former 7-Eleven)
3003 Kaliste Saloom Rd., Lafayette (maybe original Circle K)
1200 S Morrison Blvd., Hammond (maybe original Circle K)
10221 Coursey Blvd, Baton Rouge (maybe original Circle K)
12891 Coursey Blvd, Baton Rouge (former 7-Eleven)
15421 Old Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge (no idea)
4323 Burbank Drive, Baton Rouge (former 7-Eleven, love the old sign frame)
9144 Hwy 23, Belle Chasse (no idea)"

According to this website there are scattered locations with this Kangaroo banner. Some even in CA. The one in Temecula appears to be new construction in 2019 (????). The one in National City appears to be on gas brand #3 since 2017 (Valero then Sinclair now 76). I don't think that brand was ever used in CA before. Also I see they are calling their fountain drinks "thirstbuster" which was the old Circle K fountain drink name before Polar Pop was used. Very odd someone has decided to keep this brand going for some reason for franchises.
I can tell you according to this list, these locations are old dogs but still pretty busy due to their location. A few thoughts:
1706 Highway 190, Slidell; 3003 Kaliste Saloom, Lafayette; 1200 S Morrison, Hammond; and 10221 Coursey, Baton Rouge are indeed all original Circle K. 200 Brownswitch, Slidell; 4323 Burbank, Baton Rouge; 4656 Pontchartrain, Slidell; and 301 Louisville, Monroe were originally 7-Eleven, but had been sold to Baton Rouge-based Cracker Barrel, which Circle K purchased a few years ago. 9144 Highway 23, Belle Chasse was an old Charter Food Store, which was also purchased by Circle K. 12891 Coursey, Baton Rouge; 8590 Youree, Shreveport; and 6300 Jefferson Paige, Shreveport were original 7-Eleven stores. 15421 Old Jefferson Highway Baton Rouge was an original Cracker Barrel near the sellout. All of these are stores that don't fit Circle K's strategy, or are too close to an existing store.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

wnetmacman wrote: January 25th, 2022, 11:21 am

I can tell you according to this list, these locations are old dogs but still pretty busy due to their location. A few thoughts:
1706 Highway 190, Slidell; 3003 Kaliste Saloom, Lafayette; 1200 S Morrison, Hammond; and 10221 Coursey, Baton Rouge are indeed all original Circle K. 200 Brownswitch, Slidell; 4323 Burbank, Baton Rouge; 4656 Pontchartrain, Slidell; and 301 Louisville, Monroe were originally 7-Eleven, but had been sold to Baton Rouge-based Cracker Barrel, which Circle K purchased a few years ago. 9144 Highway 23, Belle Chasse was an old Charter Food Store, which was also purchased by Circle K. 12891 Coursey, Baton Rouge; 8590 Youree, Shreveport; and 6300 Jefferson Paige, Shreveport were original 7-Eleven stores. 15421 Old Jefferson Highway Baton Rouge was an original Cracker Barrel near the sellout. All of these are stores that don't fit Circle K's strategy, or are too close to an existing store.
I find it interesting they converted these stores at all to the new logo, though it does look like quite a few of them have the old Circle K logo still.

Many of the very old 7-Elevens in the middle of mature areas, despite my opinion of the stores, absolutely make good c-stores, perhaps even better now than 40 years ago.
wnetmacman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wnetmacman »

storewanderer wrote: January 25th, 2022, 11:12 pm
wnetmacman wrote: January 25th, 2022, 11:21 am

I find it interesting they converted these stores at all to the new logo, though it does look like quite a few of them have the old Circle K logo still.

Many of the very old 7-Elevens in the middle of mature areas, despite my opinion of the stores, absolutely make good c-stores, perhaps even better now than 40 years ago.
That's correct. All of these stores are in good areas and in good condition, though with a few exceptions. I do not understand why Circle K is franchising them out, That being said, I know the one Lafayette store has been plagued by a very long-term construction project; maybe the others have similar issues.