Burger King Scraping "Have It Your Way" Slogan

KingU8ol0Soopers
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Burger King Scraping "Have It Your Way" Slogan

Post by KingU8ol0Soopers »

Instead of "Have it Your Way," Burger King is changing their slogan to "Be Your Way," in order to better "champion individuality," and catch up to the "cool" image that many other fast food restaurants have created, such as Taco Bell with their "Live Mas" slogan.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStor ... n-23782833

I think that this slogan change is overdue "Have it Your Way" referred to how customers could order their burger made any way that they wanted, but that has been the norm for a long time now.
Forum Moderator
Alpha8472

Re: Burger King Scraping "Have It Your Way" Slogan

Post by Alpha8472 »

Burger King has been trying to make changes to bring back customers. However, I have tried Burger King several times in the past few months. The new fries were terrible. They look like bland and tasteless frozen crinkly fries from supermarket freezers. I also tried their rodeo chicken sandwich and was not impressed. I have reviewed their new menu choices and there is still nothing that attracts my attention. It is still so bland and boring that there is no reason for people to visit a Burger King. This new slogan is not going to make much of a difference if the food is still mediocre.

They need to get people back by offering better deals or even a prize contest. They should have some sort of free food prize stickers that are attached to each drink cup or burger package. If I could get a free food item sticker, I would go back for more food. However, there is nothing that makes me want to go back to BK since their new food items are so awful.
KingU8ol0Soopers
Subject Matter Expert
Subject Matter Expert

Post by KingU8ol0Soopers »

I go to BK every so often because the one near me is in a convenient location. There are much better options for a burger not too far away though. Some other Burger King's offer deals like $.79 Hamburgers daily, however.
Forum Moderator
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

I think a lot of the problem (at least for me) is that even by fast food standards, a lot of the stuff on the Burger King menu seems to be very high in calories. Not quite as bad as Jack in the Box (Seriously, it doesn't matter what you order at Jack in the Box, you always walk out of the place feeling like you ate about 6,000 calories) but it's certainly enough to make you think twice.

The one thing I will say about Burger King is that I do think they have the best breakfast out of the major fast food chains, but again, it's all ridiculously high in calories (a sausage and egg Croissan'wich is 500 calories, and they seem to like selling the things at something like 2 for $3, which makes for a ridiculous amount of calories for breakfast.)
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Burger King's high calorie counts are because they slop about 20 grams of fat worth of mayo onto any sandwich that includes mayo.

I think the food is terrible at Burger King; all of it. The burgers, fries, chicken products, it is just all terrible. Their fried fish sandwich is better than the McDonalds one, their iced tea and ice cream are okay, the new crinkle fries are awful, and the onion rings are nearly inedible. The cinnamon rolls are fine. I think Burger King has done a nice job on adding new menu items but the quality of core items is just not very good.

I also find their prices to be very high.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

Ome thing that's interesting to see is that if you look on the nutrition info on Burger King's website, they show a lot of sandwiches with a "without mayo" option, which seems to bring the calorie counts considerably, although the actual reduction does vary by item. On a regular Whopper, for example, taking off the mayo results in a 140 calorie reduction over the regular version. Of course, you're still over 500 calories even without the Mayo, and that's just the "base model" Whopper. Various things can push that as high as 1,160 calories for a triple Whopper with cheese.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The without cheese pita at Jack in the Box is a fairly light feeling option in my opinion.

The Breakfast Jack is okay too though some days, the bun tastes like it was soaked in butter.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I remember reading a news article a while back about people who had never eaten McDonald's before. Their reactions to McDonald's food for the first time was surprising. They talked about how the fries were all oil and how you could not taste the meat in their burgers. All you could taste in the burger was the sauce. Fast food has totally gotten away from what food is all about. Now it is all about overwhelming grease, salt, sauce, and additives. Soak a bun in butter and you get the customer addicted to fat and grease. To top it all off, customers come back and expect their food to be dripping in butter.

I went to Burger King today because I saw a huge street banner advertising the new Coke Freestyle machine. It is a soda machine where you can choose from a huge selection of sodas and flavor combinations. The machine mixes your flavors right on the spot instead of the traditional soda fountain that only has a few soda choices. You could choose from Sprite, Coke, Fanta, Seagram's, sparkling water, Hi-C, Root Beer, and then add flavors such as peach, grape, orange, vanilla, raspberry, etc.

It was awful. There was something not quite right about the flavors. Everything tasted terrible and bitter. It was as if all of the flavors coming out of one spout totally contaminated each other. I tried many combinations and everything was bitter and tasted off. They could not get any flavor to taste like a standard soda fountain with separate spouts.

These Coke Freestyle machines are the death of fast food chains. They totally ruin the flavor of the sodas. Bring back the separate spouts. Coke Freestyle is a gimmick to trick customers to come into the restaurant, but once they sample the awful tasting sodas coming out of the machine they will beg for the old machines to come back. The Coke Freestyle machines cost more to the restaurant. Coke just wants to make more profit, but in the long run restaurants are just going to switch to Pepsi.

Don't get me wrong. Pepsi is not too great either. Pepsi is cheaper for restaurants than Coke. When a restaurant serves Pepsi, it is a sign that all they care about is cutting costs. It tastes worse, and it is cheap. A restaurant that cuts costs at the expense of quality is a restaurant that you want to run from. It shows. A cost cutting operation will ultimately show in lower food quality, lower customer service, and lower overall satisfaction for customers.
Super S

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote:
I think the food is terrible at Burger King; all of it. The burgers, fries, chicken products, it is just all terrible. Their fried fish sandwich is better than the McDonalds one, their iced tea and ice cream are okay, the new crinkle fries are awful, and the onion rings are nearly inedible. The cinnamon rolls are fine. I think Burger King has done a nice job on adding new menu items but the quality of core items is just not very good.
I occasionally stop at a Burger King near my work when short on time, and I usually regret it. I have to agree on the terrible part.

On numerous occasions, I have received a pre-cooked and reheated in the microwave sandwich, hot on the outside, but cold in the middle. Especially at breakfast. The burgers actually do not taste bad when you get a fresh one, unfortunately that is a very rare occasion.

I actually like the taste of the onion rings, however, my stomach doesn't like them. The fries are terrible.

And the Coke Freestyle machine is terrible. The only thing that has a somewhat close to normal taste is the root beer. Everything else that comes from those machines tastes funny.

Other fast food chains seem to do a better job at the quality and freshness of their food. Burger King is more on par with what you would find under a heat lamp in a convenience store, except most of the time the convenience store food actually tastes fresher. Seriously.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The free style machine needs to be "rinsed" first before you put your cup down. Run some water through it, then select your flavor and that odd taste will go away IF you select the standard plain soda (not one with cherry, etc.).

Notice convenience stores have not embraced those machines. There is a reason. Some of them do have those flavor shot 4 flavor/1 fountain head machines though, and the flavor issue described above seems to exist on those but nothing to the extent on the Freestyle machines.

Also anything touch screen seems to like to break, easily... add that to dealing with sticky soda and the screens are not going to last long.

The flavor shots (cherry, etc.) seem to have a cough syrup like flavor.

Safeway has been installing those machines in some of their busier service delis.