Sports Betting Kiosks at Kroger (Acme & Giant Eagle, too)

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. No non-grocery posts.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Sports Betting Kiosks at Kroger (Acme & Giant Eagle, too)

Post by buckguy »

Kroger has been approved to have sports betting kiosks in 42 Ohio stores. Acme (the Akron chain) and Giant Eagle also have planned locations for these. This has been out for a few days in different places, so I'm surprised it hasn't been posted.

https://progressivegrocer.com/sure-bet-kroger-ohio

There's a link in the article to the complete list of locations. Looks like a mix of suburban and small market locations for Kroger, Acme and Giant Eagle. Most of the other places are bars and carry-outs.
Last edited by buckguy on August 18th, 2022, 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
storewanderer

Re: Sports Betting Kiosks at Kroger (Acme & Giant Eagle, too)

Post by storewanderer »

I would not be surprised to see more locations added over time. Given they are basically self service kiosks, it is just a matter of getting the machine installed and proving staff can "see the machine" to make sure nobody underage tries to use it. Given these will probably be near the front end there are good cameras everywhere so they could do monitoring remotely as well.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Sports Betting Kiosks at Kroger (Acme & Giant Eagle, too)

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: August 17th, 2022, 11:46 pm I would not be surprised to see more locations added over time. Given they are basically self service kiosks, it is just a matter of getting the machine installed and proving staff can "see the machine" to make sure nobody underage tries to use it. Given these will probably be near the front end there are good cameras everywhere so they could do monitoring remotely as well.
Particularly since (at least in many states, not certain if I remember in Ohio, but probably) they already have those self serve lottery scratch off ticket/play card reading machines there, which fall under the same type of requirements with age and such.