Save Mart closing pharmacy

California. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Save Mart closing pharmacy

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: August 14th, 2022, 1:48 pm The supermarket $4 prescriptions brought in a lot of shoppers. Now that those are gone, the pharmacy no longer brings in as many customers. You lose a little on the $4 prescriptions, but you get a shopping cart full of sales.

Supermarkets should bring back those $4 prescriptions. It will increase sales. Kaiser also pays for Flu vaccinations at outside pharmacies starting in October or so. Flu vaccinations are very profitable for pharmacies.
I think Kroger still has this?
https://www.krogersc.com/drugs
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

Now that non-sinclair news sources have picked this up,now it's a more believable headline.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/loca ... 5703a13c7e

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

norcalriteaidclerk wrote: August 14th, 2022, 9:29 pm Now that non-sinclair news sources have picked this up,now it's a more believable headline.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/loca ... 5703a13c7e

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
The company confirmed this information last week. Pharmacies in Nevada, are closing for the last time beginning today. I saw the signs posted in the store about it last week too.

Sinclair picked the news up before other sources, immediately when the signs got posted at the stores last week about this. The credit can go to some reporter at some small station somewhere who was simply doing their job (out there in the community looking for news worthy events to report). Maybe they are the only carrier in some of the small markets where some of these stores are located in the central valley or something. Their reporting was both accurate and efficient on this story.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

Well, Sinclair is not known for anything accurate in any of their reporting. That is pretty much well known everywhere.

Perhaps they got it right this time.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:05 pm Well, Sinclair is not known for anything accurate in any of their reporting. That is pretty much well known everywhere.

Well whatever reporter they are employing or contracting at the local level who picked up on this story and wrote the story, got it right. Give credit where credit is due.

The articles were written in a factual, objective manner and stayed on topic. They did not go off trying to figure out why the pharmacies were closing, blame Kaiser for forcing people to go to Kaiser to use their insurance, blame some insurance company or government for low reimbursements, etc. They just reported the pharmacies are closing and where to go to get prescriptions. Period. Simply story, accurate information reported, straight and to the point. The reporter did their job.

I am sure most days are a slow news day in the rural central valley where the story originated. At least they still have a reporter present in the area...
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

storewanderer wrote: August 15th, 2022, 6:41 pm
veteran+ wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:05 pm Well, Sinclair is not known for anything accurate in any of their reporting. That is pretty much well known everywhere.

Well whatever reporter they are employing or contracting at the local level who picked up on this story and wrote the story, got it right. Give credit where credit is due.

The articles were written in a factual, objective manner and stayed on topic. They did not go off trying to figure out why the pharmacies were closing, blame Kaiser for forcing people to go to Kaiser to use their insurance, blame some insurance company or government for low reimbursements, etc. They just reported the pharmacies are closing and where to go to get prescriptions. Period. Simply story, accurate information reported, straight and to the point. The reporter did their job.

I am sure most days are a slow news day in the rural central valley where the story originated. At least they still have a reporter present in the area...
Well, I think I just did give credit where credit is due.

:D :D
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: August 16th, 2022, 8:43 am

Well, I think I just did give credit where credit is due.

:D :D
The credit is due to the reporter who simply did their job reporting factual news in the case of this particular story involving Save Mart pharmacy closures in a timely manner with no slant. They obtained a quote/confirmation from the Save Mart Spokesperson last week and printed/aired the story. No speculation, conjecture. Just timely reporting. I don't care who reported the story. I have known multiple people who worked for the local Sinclair stations in my area and they do not have the bias you think they have, at all, and are a diverse group.

Also, Reno Walgreens plastered with signs today welcoming Save Mart Pharmacy Customers. Believe the pharmacies are closing, now? Or do we have to wait for CNN to report the story?
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

It is NOT what I think because I do not watch them. It is how they are rated by multiple independant sources. Below is the kindest rating I read.

"Overall, we rate Sinclair Broadcast Group Right Biased based on political affiliation with the Republican Party and the direction of network news programming. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to airing news shows with poor fact check records."

Per Media Fact Check.

As I said: "Perhaps they got it right this time"

I guess regarding this topic they did.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: August 17th, 2022, 7:28 am It is NOT what I think because I do not watch them. It is how they are rated by multiple independant sources. Below is the kindest rating I read.

"Overall, we rate Sinclair Broadcast Group Right Biased based on political affiliation with the Republican Party and the direction of network news programming. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to airing news shows with poor fact check records."

Per Media Fact Check.

As I said: "Perhaps they got it right this time"

I guess regarding this topic they did.
Yes, I am focused solely on this topic. I don't care who reported this news, if the story was done in the efficient factual relevant manner this was, I'd give credit. I'll take every news story at face value and analyze quality of reporting (if it can even be called reporting in some of the stories I read) accordingly. I read news from both very far right and very far left sources.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

As do I.

Efficient debunking is very important these days.