New Sprouts Farmers Market In San Jose

California. No non-grocery posts.
Alpha8472

New Sprouts Farmers Market In San Jose

Post by Alpha8472 »

A 27,000 square foot store opened in San Jose, California Friday May 26. Another one will open in San Jose in the second quarter of this year.

The new store was previously an Office Depot near the edge of Downtown. There is a Trader Joe's just a few hundred feet away.

A new store will open in 2024 in another suburb of the San Francisco Bay Area called Pittsburg. Sprouts opened stores this year in Merced, Stockton, and Lathrop. Those stores are in Northern California.

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/spr ... 121327.php
storewanderer

Re: New Sprouts Farmers Market In San Jose

Post by storewanderer »

They are trying to add 30 new stores this year.

Need to make up for closed stores.

Funny this new store in San Jose is 27k square feet, I thought they were closing the big stores like that.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

storewanderer wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:45 am They are trying to add 30 new stores this year.

Funny this new store in San Jose is 27k square feet, I thought they were closing the big stores like that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's why we should always believe what E-Suite and their mouth pieces tell us.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: May 28th, 2023, 7:50 am
storewanderer wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:45 am They are trying to add 30 new stores this year.

That's why we should always believe what E-Suite and their mouth pieces tell us.
Well their stock is near a 52 week high. They are clearly doing everything right, according to #1 (#1=Wall Street).
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

storewanderer wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:29 pm
veteran+ wrote: May 28th, 2023, 7:50 am

Well their stock is near a 52 week high. They are clearly doing everything right, according to #1 (#1=Wall Street).
IMO, stock means nothing as well as Wall Street means nothing. That is not a reflection of doing anything right except for the interests and "beliefs" of stakeholders.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Sprouts has lost many customers in the past several years. The prices in the past several months have gone up drastically. It is cheaper to shop at Safeway or even Whole Foods now. Sprouts used to have packed parking lots and tons of customers. Their prices used to be affordable and they had plenty of employees to staff registers.

Now you have forced self checkout and you rarely see a cashier at a register. You are lucky if you have one employee monitoring self checkout. The parking lots are empty and the volume of sales is down.

I guess if you raise the prices really high, but have fewer sales it looks like your sales numbers have gone up just by dollar amounts. In reality, you have lost many loyal customers and the shopping experience is now awful.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: May 29th, 2023, 8:20 pm Sprouts has lost many customers in the past several years. The prices in the past several months have gone up drastically. It is cheaper to shop at Safeway or even Whole Foods now. Sprouts used to have packed parking lots and tons of customers. Their prices used to be affordable and they had plenty of employees to staff registers.

Now you have forced self checkout and you rarely see a cashier at a register. You are lucky if you have one employee monitoring self checkout. The parking lots are empty and the volume of sales is down.

I guess if you raise the prices really high, but have fewer sales it looks like your sales numbers have gone up just by dollar amounts. In reality, you have lost many loyal customers and the shopping experience is now awful.
Customer service is excellent on the front end in the South Reno Store. Very friendly, professional cashiers. I've had a couple of odd interactions on the sales floor and meat/deli is scary from a sanitation/freshness perspective. Thought Sparks was good too but had a pretty bad experience there last week on line length and attitude of the cashier who was one of the managers. Really rude employees all over the store at the store in the Central Reno location though but I rarely go there.

Sprouts new model is higher prices/less volume.

They need higher quality fresh items to justify their prices.

They aggressively sale price about to expire merchandise, some stores do better than others. I get some really good deals. It is worth stopping in but knowing I may not get anything half of the time. At this point to me Sprouts is sort of like a Grocery Outlet stop. Not sure what I'll get if anything.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I have noticed the about to expire 99 cent Bakery items. However, I usually shop after 7 PM and it is all sold out. The clearance area has some cheap items, but those items also sell out fast. Very often the sign says clearance, but the self checkout rings it up at full price. Then I have to wait for an employee to fix the price. It is a hassle almost every time.

The stores near me, have so many out of stock items. They got rid of so many employees, that the San Francisco Bay Area stores seem to be running on low staffing levels. Long time employees have disappeared and the new employees seem to be part time.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: May 29th, 2023, 10:13 pm I have noticed the about to expire 99 cent Bakery items. However, I usually shop after 7 PM and it is all sold out. The clearance area has some cheap items, but those items also sell out fast. Very often the sign says clearance, but the self checkout rings it up at full price. Then I have to wait for an employee to fix the price. It is a hassle almost every time.

The stores near me, have so many out of stock items. They got rid of so many employees, that the San Francisco Bay Area stores seem to be running on low staffing levels. Long time employees have disappeared and the new employees seem to be part time.
None of the stores in my area have self checkouts. All of the stores in my area have 99 cent Bakery items, often seasonal items and not necessarily about to expire. Clearance center store items (also often 99 cents) I also seem to have scanning issues on especially in the Sparks unit. Also they will 99 cent various produce items from time to time. Also I've gotten dozens of eggs for 50 cents (some special ones that were regularly about $9/dozen, tasted better than the usual cheap eggs I buy too) about to expire, butter for 50 cents about to expire (full pound of Sprouts butter), some really good deals. Sparks unit does meat promotions; they seem to like to go to 1.99/lb on random meat items. They had some kind of flank steak type stuff a couple weeks ago (prepack beef, grass fed) that was 1.99/lb regularly 15.99/lb or something, didn't buy due to being about to leave town but that was a steal, also that visit they had various bone in center cut pork chops marked .99/lb regular 6.99/lb but those were all gone.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The Sprouts stores in the San Francisco Bay Area seem to be very stingy. I don't see any 50 cent items and the 99 cent items are getting very rare. Discounted items seem to be $2.99, $3.99, etc. I saw some 99 cent seasonal cake slices, but that was probably a month ago. If muffins are about to expire they reduce them to $4.99 from $6.99.