New Sprouts Farmers Market In San Jose

California. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: New Sprouts Farmers Market In San Jose

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: May 29th, 2023, 11:27 pm The Sprouts stores in the San Francisco Bay Area seem to be very stingy. I don't see any 50 cent items and the 99 cent items are getting very rare. Discounted items seem to be $2.99, $3.99, etc. I saw some 99 cent seasonal cake slices, but that was probably a month ago. If muffins are about to expire they reduce them to $4.99 from $6.99.
I noticed this week a number of items that would have gone to .99 on center store in the past were 2.99 instead. I am expecting they will reduce those further as they don't end up selling.

I have found Monday/Tuesday are the best markdown days for Sprouts but I do end up empty handed some weeks even on those days.

Sprouts has been slow to get summer produce. I haven't gone in a few days but last time in all they had were red cherries, apricots, and a few yellow peaches. Safeway/Raleys have a full assortment of summer fruit for about the past week including peaches/nectarines (white/yellow), apricots, cherries (red/Rainier). I expect once Sprouts finally gets all summer produce in stock they will blow out a lot of the citrus they are using to fill space in produce.