Aldi

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Aldi

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 10:00 am
storewanderer wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 1:04 am
veteran+ wrote: July 1st, 2023, 7:46 am

I have tried every which way to contact corporate but it always directs you back to the specific store. Your issues must be addressed to that store's Captain........ONLY.

It's like they do NOT want customer feedback at corporate. So that makes the store unaccountable. The Captain many times becomes complicit (part of the gang or click) in what is wrong.
Do they not have district managers or anything? I wonder who the Captains report to. Someone must be supervising them.

Maybe a lack of layers of management is part of how they keep their prices so low?
They will not even give a name or contact info on whom is above the Captain. :x
In that case, Google and Linkedin are helpful.

They seem to have a position called Regional Vice President, also a position EVP of Stores.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 11:28 pm
veteran+ wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 10:00 am
storewanderer wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 1:04 am

Do they not have district managers or anything? I wonder who the Captains report to. Someone must be supervising them.

Maybe a lack of layers of management is part of how they keep their prices so low?
They will not even give a name or contact info on whom is above the Captain. :x
In that case, Google and Linkedin are helpful.

They seem to have a position called Regional Vice President, also a position EVP of Stores.
It's obvious that SoCal has multiple districts at Aldi, because I've had zero issues with the Riverside County stores. The new Murrieta store that took forever to open is great, and so is one of the older Temecula stores I've visited near Wine Country. The Orange County locations I've visited seem to be targeting a downmarket demographic and as such receive little of the higher end "Aldi Finds" foods. They seem to struggle with staffing and freshness in OC. But seeing good to great product in Temecula valley, assortment skewed towards higher end clientele except for limited wine selection (makes sense to not try to compete with dozens of wineries just a couple miles away). They had 49¢ large locally grown Hass avocado's last week that were perfect. The area is the heart of the US avocado production yet you visit other grocery stores and see avocado from Peru that is harder than a baseball and probably was picked months ago.

I think they need to rapidly roll out self checkout in the OC market since they struggle with staffing. Then they can move labor back to stocking, culling bad perishables and so on. There were at least three employees working the floor at the Aldi stores here but only one cashier now that the rest is self check. With the odd format of Aldi cashiers throwing your merchandise back in a cart then sending you to a counter to bag it - self checkout where you scan then bag is perfect. No more lines, you can quickly get in and out, and their self checkout is quick and intuitive. Maybe tries to be too intuitive, if you stop scanning it will start talking to you explaining if you're done press Pay Now and so on in an effort to prod you along.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: July 10th, 2023, 4:04 pm

I think they need to rapidly roll out self checkout in the OC market since they struggle with staffing. Then they can move labor back to stocking, culling bad perishables and so on. There were at least three employees working the floor at the Aldi stores here but only one cashier now that the rest is self check. With the odd format of Aldi cashiers throwing your merchandise back in a cart then sending you to a counter to bag it - self checkout where you scan then bag is perfect. No more lines, you can quickly get in and out, and their self checkout is quick and intuitive. Maybe tries to be too intuitive, if you stop scanning it will start talking to you explaining if you're done press Pay Now and so on in an effort to prod you along.
The Toshiba self checkout somewhere does this where if you quit scanning for more than a few seconds it asks you to press finsh and pay if you are done. I thought it was Safeway, but maybe it is CVS.

I used to turn the sound off on the self checkouts at Safeway and CVS but they did something where you cannot mute the sound (the scanner still beeps but nothing verbal from the self checkout unit). The Kroger self checkout still allows you to mute the sound. Most of the Wal Mart self checkouts I use either don't talk anymore or it is already so loud in there that I don't notice the self checkouts are talking. Target self checkouts don't seem to talk. Dollar General self checkouts talk, with a Southern accent.