Westfield not leaving the US after all?

norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Westfield not leaving the US after all?

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

Bluelightspecial wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 2:38 pm I think the only one's that maybe considered in that group are UTC, Valley Fair, Century City, & Topanga. World Trade Center is just a management agreement with the Port Authority. Even Garden State Plaza and Culver City are questionable as they aren't as upscale.
Roseville Galleria in my books can be considered a 'crown jewel' property.
For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
Bluelightspecial
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Post by Bluelightspecial »

You may be right. I've never been there.....but I suspect they want to focus on larger population centers like Los Angeles
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The issue is probably in the current interest rate environment, the parties Westfield was hoping to sell to, had such high borrowing rates, that it no longer worked to get Westfield the multiples they were hoping for. So they will stay because they don't want to discount the properties to make up for the currently high interest rates.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: August 24th, 2023, 5:50 pm The issue is probably in the current interest rate environment, the parties Westfield was hoping to sell to, had such high borrowing rates, that it no longer worked to get Westfield the multiples they were hoping for. So they will stay because they don't want to discount the properties to make up for the currently high interest rates.
I believe they had about 80 properties in the US and are down to 18, so only about 6 more to sell and they're down to their best. Only "Crown Jewel" sold was Arcadia and supposedly it went for top dollar, I'm sure they would have kept it but when someone offers that much might as well take the money.