(Sorry a little "off topic") Johnson & Johnson personal care products new name

Discussion of product brands seen across the retail landscape. This is not to discuss products themselves, just the news and history of associated brands.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: (Sorry a little "off topic") Johnson & Johnson personal care products new name

Post by mbz321 »

HCal wrote: January 18th, 2023, 4:38 pm

Mondelez is the corporate name but it's not used as a brand for products. The products are still Nabisco, Oreo, Cadbury, or whatever.
The Nabisco branding seems to have been downplayed in recent years. If you visit the Mondelez Product 'Consumer' Page, there are no mentions of 'Nabisco' at all besides the logo in the pictures they use of food packaging. I imagine it will eventually be dropped entirely like Kellogg did with it's 'Sunshine' products.
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: (Sorry a little "off topic") Johnson & Johnson personal care products new name

Post by HCal »

mbz321 wrote: October 1st, 2023, 7:07 pm

Mondelez is the corporate name but it's not used as a brand for products. The products are still Nabisco, Oreo, Cadbury, or whatever.
The Nabisco branding seems to have been downplayed in recent years. If you visit the Mondelez Product 'Consumer' Page, there are no mentions of 'Nabisco' at all besides the logo in the pictures they use of food packaging. I imagine it will eventually be dropped entirely like Kellogg did with it's 'Sunshine' products.
Yes, that's quite likely. I was recently in LA and saw a large apartment complex with the sign "National Biscuit Company". Took me a while to make the connection.

I think most people think of Nabisco as a company rather than a product, so it makes sense to de-emphasize the name.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

They continue to use Nabisco branding on most cracker products. Premium saltines, Wheat Thins, and various other crackers still have the Nabisco logo on the package on the top corner of the box.

Also I have seen Nabisco on some secondary type cookie products as the actual brand. Nabisco Chocolate Wafers and also some kind of Nabisco Mallomar Cookies.
SO_CAL_RETAIL_SLUT
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by SO_CAL_RETAIL_SLUT »

storewanderer wrote: October 1st, 2022, 11:08 am
Brian Lutz wrote: October 1st, 2022, 10:03 am Still a better spinoff name than Mondelez. That name was horrible from the start, and remains horrible now.
We should have some humor with the name Mondelez, they do in Russia.

What is funny is I learned of the rename to Mondelez when I was in some store that lists the name of the DSD vendor on the shelf tags. The tags were changing from Nabisco or whatever to Mondelez. At first I thought we got a new local vendor for the products.

The name "Mondelez" has always sounded like some sort of incurable disease...

I'm staring at a Mondelez trade name at the bottom of an Oreo's package - while hunting for "Made in Mexico" or "Hecho en Mexico". I want my Oreo's made in the United States by the super expensive BCTGM-represented bargaining unit members.

SO_CAL_RETAIL_SLUT
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Yet rival Keebler makes its cookies in the US-even though they are owned by Ferrero of Italy.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

HCal wrote: October 1st, 2023, 11:07 pm

Yes, that's quite likely. I was recently in LA and saw a large apartment complex with the sign "National Biscuit Company". Took me a while to make the connection.
Was it this building? http://biscuitcolofts.com/?

There's also a National Biscuit lofts in Des Moines, Iowa. It's not unusual for residential conversions of old factories or warehouses to carry the name of its long-time past occupant. There are old Model T-era Ford factories that have been converted and carry the Ford name, for example. There probably are situations where there are copyright issues and the exact name can't be used.

I think most people think of Nabisco as a company rather than a product, so it makes sense to de-emphasize the name.
SO_CAL_RETAIL_SLUT
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by SO_CAL_RETAIL_SLUT »

buckguy wrote: October 4th, 2023, 8:34 am
HCal wrote: October 1st, 2023, 11:07 pm

Was it this building? http://biscuitcolofts.com/?

There's also a National Biscuit lofts in Des Moines, Iowa. It's not unusual for residential conversions of old factories or warehouses to carry the name of its long-time past occupant. There are old Model T-era Ford factories that have been converted and carry the Ford name, for example. There probably are situations where there are copyright issues and the exact name can't be used.

Umm...$925k for a 625 sq. ft. loft fairly close to skid row and just southeast of downtown Los Angeles...NO!

SO_CAL_RETAIL_SLUT
submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Post by submariner »

You know what? It's been a hot minute since I've added a new forum category... Let's shuffle this to the new "Retail Product Brands" section!