JCPenney "Make it Count"

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: JCPenney "Make it Count"

Post by buckguy »

veteran+ wrote: October 26th, 2023, 10:02 am
Romr123 wrote: October 26th, 2023, 8:37 am JCP has recently been doing some local sponsorships of events out here in the Coachella Valley--fashion shows etc. specifically for scholarship-type programs which are appropriately on-brand for them ...tbh it's nice to see, and seemingly locally done (specifically touting JCP at Palm Desert Shops).
I have a friend that's helping them with that.

8-)
I thought that even more upscale stores had gotten out of that sort thing long ago.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

buckguy wrote: October 29th, 2023, 9:16 am
Romr123 wrote: October 26th, 2023, 8:37 am JCP has recently been doing some local sponsorships of events out here in the Coachella Valley--fashion shows etc. specifically for scholarship-type programs which are appropriately on-brand for them ...tbh it's nice to see, and seemingly locally done (specifically touting JCP at Palm Desert Shops).

8-)
I thought that even more upscale stores had gotten out of that sort thing long ago.
True, but Palm Springs is a little different, ;)

For example, El Paseo trying to be Rodeo Drive of Beverly Hills...................NOT! :lol: :lol:
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

buckguy wrote: October 29th, 2023, 9:16 am

8-)
Perhaps department stores' sales would increase if they went back to doing that sort of thing. You know, giving customers a reason to shop in-store and all.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

To a degree, this is Palm Springs...ladies who lunch...ladies doing good works who don't want to completely misread the room (for whom they're doing good works)...this would be perfect for $75 a plate luncheons for the local High School scholarship committee/robotics team/Upward Bound event/....