Sears Tukwila, WA

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Sears Tukwila, WA

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: November 5th, 2023, 9:52 pm
greenfalcon wrote: November 5th, 2023, 9:28 pm
storewanderer wrote: November 5th, 2023, 9:13 pm
I would argue Southcenter may be the most visible Sears still open.

Concord and Stockton are still open as well.
The Stockton store building is still in decent shape, employees there seem hopeful that the location will make it in to the new year. I'm surprised the former auto center hasn't been leased out.

I see some other stores are getting some new merchandise in, Stockton seems to be missing out on it.
On the Reddit there are reports that some merchandise that was slated for these stores had to go to Burbank (and I guess now Union Gap).

It seems like they needed to have more merchandise lined up in order to do these reopenings.
How did they get it there? Hitchhiking? I can't believe this company has enough money to even rent a truck to move this stuff around.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: November 6th, 2023, 8:13 pm
greenfalcon wrote: November 5th, 2023, 9:28 pm

The Stockton store building is still in decent shape, employees there seem hopeful that the location will make it in to the new year. I'm surprised the former auto center hasn't been leased out.

I see some other stores are getting some new merchandise in, Stockton seems to be missing out on it.
On the Reddit there are reports that some merchandise that was slated for these stores had to go to Burbank (and I guess now Union Gap).

It seems like they needed to have more merchandise lined up in order to do these reopenings.
How did they get it there? Hitchhiking? I can't believe this company has enough money to even rent a truck to move this stuff around.
According to their website they are hiring right now for 3 warehouses.

Locations include:
2400 Kresge Road Lawrence, KS $19/hr part time
8374 N 4000 E Manteno, IL $19/hr full time
5205 S. Wheeler Ridge Arvin, CA $18/hr full time

I am really confused what the purpose of the warehouse in Kansas is... they don't have a store anywhere near Kansas? They also don't have a store anywhere near IL.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: November 6th, 2023, 11:17 pm

Locations include:

I am really confused what the purpose of the warehouse in Kansas is... they don't have a store anywhere near Kansas? They also don't have a store anywhere near IL.
Kresge = Kmart?

For some reason, I just envision this chain of a dozen stores or so having a bunch of huge warehouses filled to the rafters with absolute garbage that they still need to try to feed out to the remaining fleet. I'll bet that if you started opening up boxes it would feel like a 1990's themed party in there, baggy muscle pants, "pump" basketball shoes, and more...
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

ClownLoach wrote: November 6th, 2023, 11:39 pm

Locations include:

Kresge = Kmart?

For some reason, I just envision this chain of a dozen stores or so having a bunch of huge warehouses filled to the rafters with absolute garbage that they still need to try to feed out to the remaining fleet. I'll bet that if you started opening up boxes it would feel like a 1990's themed party in there, baggy muscle pants, "pump" basketball shoes, and more...
I decided to start digging.

5205 S Wheeler Ridge in Arvin is a Camping World DC in a multi-use complex, but it seems that everyone has their own address so not sure how this is affiliated with Sears/Transformco. Looks like a new complex in the up-and-coming area known as Tejon Ranch, so I doubt that this is some old converted Sears facility.

8374 N 4000 E says Transformco LLC Distributors. Described as "Manufacturing and Production." So Fast Eddie is making his own stuff? Street view is a very small looking warehouse with lots of old trailers sitting there rusting, a "Now Hiring" banner on the fence, and it's across the street from an endless sea of corn.

Kresge Rd is indeed listed as Kmart Distribution Center, but upon further digging I see it is listed as "Innovel Solutions #8273" which is their delivery division that was sold to Costco in the bankruptcy. Satellite pictures indicate this isn't functional and some Google pictures show old Kmart trailers with the original red and teal logo rotting away. There is a picture from a breakroom with a few employees sitting there that looks like it was taken in the 70's.

Weird.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: November 6th, 2023, 11:46 pm

Locations include:

Kresge = Kmart?

5205 S Wheeler Ridge in Arvin is a Camping World DC in a multi-use complex, but it seems that everyone has their own address so not sure how this is affiliated with Sears/Transformco. Looks like a new complex in the up-and-coming area known as Tejon Ranch, so I doubt that this is some old converted Sears facility.

8374 N 4000 E says Transformco LLC Distributors. Described as "Manufacturing and Production." So Fast Eddie is making his own stuff? Street view is a very small looking warehouse with lots of old trailers sitting there rusting, a "Now Hiring" banner on the fence, and it's across the street from an endless sea of corn.

Kresge Rd is indeed listed as Kmart Distribution Center, but upon further digging I see it is listed as "Innovel Solutions #8273" which is their delivery division that was sold to Costco in the bankruptcy. Satellite pictures indicate this isn't functional and some Google pictures show old Kmart trailers with the original red and teal logo rotting away. There is a picture from a breakroom with a few employees sitting there that looks like it was taken in the 70's.

Weird.
The job postings on the Transformco career website are all posted within the past few weeks for these 3 warehouses.

My guess is they relocated whatever they were doing at the Kmart Mira Loma distribution center out to Arvin. I think Mira Loma closed in 2021. It probably makes sense to have some warehouse operation in SoCal in order to collect imports from the port.

There looks to be more going on in Kansas in 2022 than in 2018. Very confusing what they are doing.

8374 N 4000 E appears to be handling Craftsman products.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: November 7th, 2023, 12:43 am
ClownLoach wrote: November 6th, 2023, 11:46 pm

Kresge = Kmart?

Weird.
The job postings on the Transformco career website are all posted within the past few weeks for these 3 warehouses.

My guess is they relocated whatever they were doing at the Kmart Mira Loma distribution center out to Arvin. I think Mira Loma closed in 2021. It probably makes sense to have some warehouse operation in SoCal in order to collect imports from the port.

There looks to be more going on in Kansas in 2022 than in 2018. Very confusing what they are doing.

8374 N 4000 E appears to be handling Craftsman products.
It appears there are other retailers that use that Arvin facility including Ikea, so it must be one of those flexible use facilities where everyone shares a common space. Thus they could have a small corner of the facility to receive some imports through. Makes sense.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: November 7th, 2023, 12:47 pm
It appears there are other retailers that use that Arvin facility including Ikea, so it must be one of those flexible use facilities where everyone shares a common space. Thus they could have a small corner of the facility to receive some imports through. Makes sense.
Despite that it doesn't make much sense they do continue to have a very small procurement operation for Craftsman, Kenmore, and some very limited clothing lines. A flexible use facility is a perfect fit for them as they probably aren't receiving anything most days.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: November 7th, 2023, 11:00 pm
ClownLoach wrote: November 7th, 2023, 12:47 pm
Despite that it doesn't make much sense they do continue to have a very small procurement operation for Craftsman, Kenmore, and some very limited clothing lines. A flexible use facility is a perfect fit for them as they probably aren't receiving anything most days.
Yep they probably have like two guys there to sign for UPS and FedEx, then stack the boxes in the corner.