Albertsons Cos and Hanukkah

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Albertsons Cos and Hanukkah

Post by SamSpade »

I wasn't really sure where to put this but I just found it interesting -
This afternoon I had some time on my hands so I was bouncing around a little from region to region out west and looking at the Albertsons ads.

1) Southwest is definitely more price sensitive / better deals. Even St. George, UT where they have to spend a little extra time trucking the items there, it was slightly more than the Phoenix ad I looked at for the same items, but nothing crazy.
2) SoCal and NorCal still get $5 Fridays but PacNW does not. Intermountain never had it due to being historically 100% Albertsons.
3) Seattle Albertsons ad highlighted floral arrangements for The Day of the Virgin Guadalupe, interesting choice.
4) Here's what I was actually trying to get to . . . :lol: 8-)
NorCal Safeway and Denver Region Safeway/Albertsons produced a Hanukkah flyer. I am surprised that neither SoCal or southwest (at least for Phoenix) did not.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Albertsons Cos and Hanukkah

Post by BillyGr »

SamSpade wrote: December 8th, 2023, 5:21 pm 3) Seattle Albertsons ad highlighted floral arrangements for The Day of the Virgin Guadalupe, interesting choice.
Does that area have a reasonably large(r) population of Spanish speaking people? Only since in our area, the one church that has a service in Spanish also does a special celebration for that day, thus it seems it is more special to that community (much like they have those celebrations for turning 15).
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Albertsons Cos and Hanukkah

Post by SamSpade »

BillyGr wrote: December 9th, 2023, 7:55 am
SamSpade wrote: December 8th, 2023, 5:21 pm 3) Seattle Albertsons ad highlighted floral arrangements for The Day of the Virgin Guadalupe, interesting choice.
Does that area have a reasonably large(r) population of Spanish speaking people? Only since in our area, the one church that has a service in Spanish also does a special celebration for that day, thus it seems it is more special to that community (much like they have those celebrations for turning 15).
Well, here are the remaining Albertsons locations in Washington, all except Battle Ground fall under Seattle division I believe.
I suppose in the Tri-Cities (Pasco), Wenatchee, or possibly a few other of these communities, there might be enough of a Spanish speaking Catholic population to highlight the floral arrangements.