Outback Steakhouse closing underperforming locations

Super S

Outback Steakhouse closing underperforming locations

Post by Super S »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/fo ... 771215007/

They apparently are not going to release a list of locations.
Jeff
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Re: Outback Steakhouse closing underperforming locations

Post by Jeff »

A lot of closures being reported but still no list.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Heard they're out of Hawaii.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Outback Steakhouse has always been a restaurant that relied on office workers going to during the weekdays. Often big groups of office workers would go there either for lunch, after work, or for employee gatherings.

Work from home has really taken a toll.

The ones near the office parks in the San Francisco Bay Area suburbs have really been hit hard. They are really out of the way unless you actually work in the office park.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

Another sign I’m getting old. I can recall, over 20 years ago, when waits to eat-in would exceed two hours most weekends. Now, the restaurants are pretty much dead.

The last time I dined at Outback was nearly a decade ago, when they had the weekday special for a 6oz sirloin, one side and drink (unlimited soda or a single draft beer) for $10. We stopped at Outback over the Holidays but walked out after seeing the $23 charge for the 6oz sirlion with two sides. Black Angus is about the same price and offers a better meal IMO.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Bagels wrote: March 10th, 2024, 6:22 pm Another sign I’m getting old. I can recall, over 20 years ago, when waits to eat-in would exceed two hours most weekends. Now, the restaurants are pretty much dead.

The last time I dined at Outback was nearly a decade ago, when they had the weekday special for a 6oz sirloin, one side and drink (unlimited soda or a single draft beer) for $10. We stopped at Outback over the Holidays but walked out after seeing the $23 charge for the 6oz sirlion with two sides. Black Angus is about the same price and offers a better meal IMO.
I still encounter waits to dine in at chain restaurants around Reno. Then you get in and you see it is like 50% capacity due to being understaffed.