Mcdonald's Seeks To Win Back Low Income Customers With $4 Deals

Alpha8472

Mcdonald's Seeks To Win Back Low Income Customers With $4 Deals

Post by Alpha8472 »

Mcdonald's is hoping to bring back low income customers with new $4 bundles.

https://www.nrn.com/consumer-trends/how ... -consumers
storewanderer

Re: Mcdonald's Seeks To Win Back Low Income Customers With $4 Deals

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: March 13th, 2024, 8:35 pm Mcdonald's is hoping to bring back low income customers with new $4 bundles.

https://www.nrn.com/consumer-trends/how ... -consumers
The problem is the "bundle" they offer which is like a 2 small items for $4 bundle... not more than about 7 years ago... these same items were priced at $1 on the old $1 $2 $3 menu.

So my perception here is these $4 McDonalds bundles that give you 2 small items are a very POOR value.

Consumers are not as stupid as some may think, and absolutely remember these products cost $1 and it wasn't long ago they cost $1.

The other issue is from a value perspective Wendys will give you 2 Breakfast items for $3, still has the 4 for $4 if you order in the app, and has many products where you can get a bundle of 4 items (jr. burger, jr. fry, jr. drink, 4 nugget) at $5. This food may not be the greatest but it is very much still a great value.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Mcdonald's Seeks To Win Back Low Income Customers With $4 Deals

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: March 13th, 2024, 11:50 pm So my perception here is these $4 McDonalds bundles that give you 2 small items are a very POOR value.
Particularly when you can get the same two items (if, as I suspect, these are choices of things like the McChicken, Nuggets, Double burger) for $1 more with small fries and small drink as the $5 Fan Deal meal :)