babs
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Eddie Bauer dumbs down logo for GenZ

Post by babs »

storewanderer wrote: March 14th, 2024, 11:07 am
ClownLoach wrote: March 14th, 2024, 9:15 am
storewanderer wrote: March 14th, 2024, 12:03 am

I guess these brands do not mean the same thing they once meant.

Sort of feels like Forever 21 bought everything.
Forever 21 is Authentic Brands.
So yeah, Forever 21 did buy everything.
I guess what I mean more is that instead of taking these brands and letting the brands continue operating how they did in the past, it is like Forever 21 product design and materials sourcing took them over and puts their label on what would otherwise be a Forever 21 product.
Probably going a bit off-topic here but why isn't JCPenney being turned into a showcase for all of Authentic Brand's brands? Here is a list of their brands:
Marilyn Monroe®, Elvis Presley®, Muhammad Ali®, Shaquille O’Neal®, David Beckham®, Dr. J®, Greg Norman®, Neil Lane®, Thalia®, Sports Illustrated®, Reebok®, Brooks Brothers®, Barneys New York®, Judith Leiber®, Ted Baker®, Hunter®, Vince®, Hervé Léger®, Hickey Freeman®, Frye®, Nautica®, Juicy Couture®, Vince Camuto®, Lucky Brand®, Aéropostale®, Forever 21®, Nine West®, Sperry®, Rockport®, Eddie Bauer®, Boardriders®, Quiksilver®, Billabong®, Roxy®, DC Shoes®, RVCA®, Element®, VonZipper®, Honolua®, Spyder®, Volcom®, Shark®, Tretorn®, Prince®, Airwalk®, Izod®, Jones New York®, Van Heusen®, Hart Schaffner Marx®, Arrow® and Thomasville®.

Now image a store that carried all their brands in one remodeled showcase location that happens to be in many malls. And hey, they own a chain of stores!
storewanderer

Re: Eddie Bauer dumbs down logo for GenZ

Post by storewanderer »

The fact is the old Ron Johnston JCP "shop" format would be the perfect way to display all those brands in the JCP building.

The problem is you need a top to bottom remodel and a new name.