Burger King Remodel

Alpha8472

Burger King Remodel

Post by Alpha8472 »

I just visited a newly remodeled Burger King in San Ramon, California. Previously it was a 90s era decor restaurant. The 24 Carl's Jr. across the street remodeled recently, so Burger King closed down for a total remodel.

The new remodel features 2 new drive-thru lanes much like a new style McDonald's. The two lanes merge into one lane for the pickup window.

The drive thru is now 24 hours and the dining room was open late. I saw about 6 employees working at 9 PM. I don't think I have ever seen such a well staffed Burger King. The prices on a small number of items were much lower than surrounding Burger Kings. For example the fish sandwich was $3.99. It is about $6.99 at other nearby Burger King locations.

The decor was very bland. Tan walls with tan faux wood and faux bricks on the wall. There were brown reclaimed wood style tables with wood and metal chairs. There were brown plastic benches also. The floor consisted of tan tiles with some brown wood strips. Overall a cheap looking remodel.

The restaurant had a standard self serve Burger King soda fountain. There was no Coke Freestyle machine. There was an Icee machine on the front counter by the kiosks. It was turned so that either an employee or a customer can serve themselves Icees.

I saw large screen ordering kiosks on the counter. I don't believe I have seen any self service kiosks at any other Burger King restaurants in the area. It was as if the kiosks are blocking you from seeing employees. If you want to talk to an employee you have to stick your head around the kiosk. They obviously want kiosks to replace cashiers.

The parking lot was lit with extremely bright LED lights. Literally the lights were blindingly bright and directed directly at the restaurant. It made it very uncomfortable to even stand outside in the parking lot. This is how you discourage loitering.

Overall, a very bland decor inside and nothing interesting on the outside besides the new double drive thru with huge bright computer menu screens.

Previously this restaurant had outdoor seating with tables and chairs. There grass and a wooden patio structure. That is all gone now.

This is one of the only Burger King restaurants to have the new Burger King logo.
storewanderer

Re: Burger King Remodel

Post by storewanderer »

Remodel is done in Reno, pretty bland looking. This unit looked fine before and still looks fine. They have the same soda equipment for self serve drinks as they had before the remodel.

The counter-placed kiosks, I have seen in some Wendys units and some Steak N Shake units. Taco Bell should go with that placement too.
Alpha8472

Re: Burger King Remodel

Post by Alpha8472 »

The problem with kiosks on the main counter is that employees don't know if you are using the kiosk or waiting for an employee to serve you.

I also noticed a large TV in the dining room, but it was turned off. Perhaps they don't want to pay for cable TV service. There was no music playing either.

The restaurant used to have much more seating and tables, but now there are only a few tables. Much of the restaurant is now empty floor space. I guess fewer tables means less cleaning to be done.

Also there was a TV screen at the pickup counter listing people's names and their entire order. Someone could see someone else's order and then claim to be that person.