Trader Joe's to add Roseville Store

California. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Trader Joe's to add Roseville Store

Post by storewanderer »

Interesting location. Nugget is across the street, WinCo nearby. Amazon Fresh that never opened nearby, Sprouts out of business nearby...

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/ ... ville.html

A number of vacant spaces around this general area... like the two I mentioned above... funny to see Trader Joe's pushing out an existing tenant, again. They seem to like to do that with this current expansion round.
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Trader Joe's to add Roseville Store

Post by bryceleinan »

Is the (relocated from Roseville) Rocklin store busy enough to justify another location this close to it? Seems kinda weird that they’d build one this close, even though it is up 65 and not 80.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 6:02 pm Is the (relocated from Roseville) Rocklin store busy enough to justify another location this close to it? Seems kinda weird that they’d build one this close, even though it is up 65 and not 80.
Where was the store in Roseville that they relocated? I think Roseville Square is still open.

I think the Granite Bay Wal Mart Neighborhood Market that is closing, a portion of it anyway, would be a great Trader Joe's location also. But it is probably too close to the Rocklin site.

Trader Joe's seems to be looking to put stores closer together lately. In some markets in the bay area and SoCal they already have stores fairly close together.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

In the San Francisco Bay Area there are Trader Joe's all over the place. In the suburbs there are some in practically every major suburb and they are always busy. Some suburbs that are solidly middle class have multiple stores.

San Francisco and Oakland have multiple locations. Many Trader Joe's in the San Francisco Bay Area occupy abandoned Albertsons. Around 2005 Albertsons closed many stores in the San Francisco Bay Area. These were former very busy Lucky stores for decades, but people hated Albertsons so much that the customers boycotted them for eliminating the trusted Lucky name.

Trader Joe's opened up in one half and very often a drugstore would open up in the other half. Some of these drugstores would eventually close such as Elephant Pharmacy and Pharmaca.
reymann
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by reymann »

Trader Joe's should expand more in the central valley. Visalia and Merced would be great cities for fresh blood for Trader Joes.
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by bryceleinan »

storewanderer wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 6:14 pm
bryceleinan wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 6:02 pm Is the (relocated from Roseville) Rocklin store busy enough to justify another location this close to it? Seems kinda weird that they’d build one this close, even though it is up 65 and not 80.
Where was the store in Roseville that they relocated? I think Roseville Square is still open.

I think the Granite Bay Wal Mart Neighborhood Market that is closing, a portion of it anyway, would be a great Trader Joe's location also. But it is probably too close to the Rocklin site.

Trader Joe's seems to be looking to put stores closer together lately. In some markets in the bay area and SoCal they already have stores fairly close together.
I thought Roseville Square closed when they built the one in Rocklin… I am mistaken, and it is alive. Huh, I guess they are putting them close together, wonder if this is some ALDI Nörd initiative where they’re “competing” against potential ALDI Süd locations if they bring ALDI to NorCal in one of the next expansions.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: March 24th, 2024, 8:01 am
storewanderer wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 6:14 pm

I thought Roseville Square closed when they built the one in Rocklin… I am mistaken, and it is alive. Huh, I guess they are putting them close together, wonder if this is some ALDI Nörd initiative where they’re “competing” against potential ALDI Süd locations if they bring ALDI to NorCal in one of the next expansions.
I think you are on to something here. These two Aldis appear to be trying to leapfrog each other on new locations/sites.

That Crossings site in Rocklin in my opinion makes more sense for Aldi than Trader Joe's.