What new businesses are planning to come to Placerville, CA??

FrankMoore99
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

What new businesses are planning to come to Placerville, CA??

Post by FrankMoore99 »

I know Placerville has had three chain store closures in the past few months, more than it is used to. the west side Rite Aid in January, OfficeMax in March, and Walgreens is apparently closing also. But I know these are chains that consolidating their operations and Placerville does still have two freestanding drug stores after Walgreens closes. But I am wondering at what's going to replace these stores?? Here are some ideas: https://haydenbusinessblog.blogspot.com ... -rite.html
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: What new businesses are planning to come to Placerville, CA??

Post by bryceleinan »

Since the Placerville Walmart is not a Supercenter, I wonder if they would think about building a Neighborhood Market in the OfficeMax? I know the parking lot is kind of small for that use though. Rite Aid doesn't seem like a good fit for one. I know that they're closing the market in Granite Bay, so not sure if there is an appetite for WM expansion in the area.
storewanderer

Re: What new businesses are planning to come to Placerville, CA??

Post by storewanderer »

Very interesting the Walgreens in Placerville is closing... with that 2.0/5 rating on Google maps even worse than the local CVS there in Placerville, I am not surprised. I guess they did not win the Rite Aid prescription files in Placerville so they decided to just go ahead and close.

I wonder how many more would have closed had Rite Aid not closed so many stores and sold them files in locations where Walgreens was performing poorly. I'm sure the Walgreens in Susanville, CA would have closed (wouldn't be surprised if it still ends up closing) and think the one in Gardnerville, NV may have also been a candidate for closure (this one will be safe now) but since Rite Aid handed away its pharmacies to Walgreens both of those Walgreens got saved.

I'd also watch the (still open) Big Lots in Placerville.