Vons for Business?

California. No non-grocery posts.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Vons for Business?

Post by ClownLoach »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: April 29th, 2024, 2:31 pm
ClownLoach wrote: April 4th, 2024, 10:29 pm In business especially when you're the one stuck hosting the meeting and usually some big executives who are flying in, everything has to be perfect and the only places you'll go to are those who have been performing every time you've called upon them. It's all the reputation the business earns. I am unsure ACI has even nailed down regular home delivery since outsourcing most of it, and I would not expand anything until the first part is perfect. If I'm going to be judged on the execution of the meeting then I'm certainly not going to try something new like Vons for Business.
I’d suspect Apollo shareholders are the ones pushing this Vons/Jewel/Shaw’s Business Delivery idea.
Exactly. They like to try to shove strange revenue generator concepts into retailers they own to squeeze every last dime of productivity. UPS or FedEx pickup and drop off, store credit cards, loyalty cards to form databases they can sell, and so on. They are the classic nightmare owner for retailers because their bigwig executives have never worked a day of retail in their lives so they don't understand how difficult they are making it for these stores to take on additional capabilities without any increase in staffing, equipment, facilities etc. That are needed to be successful.

Apollo is also pushing new computerized scheduling on ACI that has part time shifts as short as 3 hours. I can't believe the unions allow this. For many employees just the costs of getting ready for work, going to and from are going to wipe out the meager earnings from a 3 hour shift.