McDonald's PlayPlace History

storewanderer

Re: McDonald's PlayPlace History

Post by storewanderer »

There was a playground at the Burger King in Reno on Kietzke. There was also one at the Burger King in Sparks on Pyramid Lake Highway.

Indoor. Built with them.

Not sure if they are still there...
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

FrankMoore99 wrote: May 24th, 2024, 2:00 pm I am currently working on a directory of all the Burger King, McDonald's, and Carl's Jr playgrounds that have ever existed. If you are interested in working on it adding more locations that aren't listed, please do. It is a heavily under researched subject and a time consuming task to type in all the restaurants addresses for one person.
Here's the menu of the directory: https://malls.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Playground_Lists
I founded Malls & Retail Wiki years ago (Jonah Norason is an old handle of mine) and one of the reasons why I abandoned it was that it was impossible to really have a control of content. Any research or work you did could be then deleted, hijacked, or cloned, and you'd never have pride in what you did.

The better solution would be to add to your own work, and have them list you as a source.
FrankMoore99
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by FrankMoore99 »

storewanderer wrote: May 25th, 2024, 12:21 am There was a playground at the Burger King in Reno on Kietzke. There was also one at the Burger King in Sparks on Pyramid Lake Highway.

Indoor. Built with them.

Not sure if they are still there...
I did add them to my Burger King list.
FrankMoore99
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by FrankMoore99 »

I'm curious about the whole I-81 Virginia Burger King situation. It appears they made a sweep to remove the PlayPlace from that region. I am curious about the Christiansburg, VA next to the mall and the Dublin, VA location if they still have a playground since they were pretty new. Or were they taken out in the clean sweep. Why did the franchise in this area decide to remove all of them?? Same with Carl's Jr in San Diego County even removing recently refurbished or new playgrounds in Chula Vista.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Boarded up BK along 99 somewhere around Galt or Lodi has a big indoor playground sign on its tall sign. Not sure when it closed.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Many Carls Jrs in Boise area have play places.

They even have an exterior sign for the Cool (star) Kids Play place.

They have closed a couple Boise locations in the past year which one did have the play place. It appears the remaining locations close dine in at 8 PM.

Not sure what is happening with Carls Jr. in Boise but it definitely does not appear to be doing as well as it once did.
FrankMoore99
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Ideas for the Folsom Outlet Mall.

Post by FrankMoore99 »

FrankMoore99 wrote: May 21st, 2024, 1:30 pm
FrankMoore99 wrote: May 16th, 2024, 11:01 am I am wondering if any of these eras of McDonald's play equipment have names to them?? I am asking this because the McDonald's in Folsom, CA recently removed their Mid to Late 90s play equipment and I am wondering where in the country they still have old play equipment. I think a few locations in Washington- Lacey, Long Beach, Tacoma, and a couple places in Spokane, in Oregon-Sherwood and Lincoln City, in California-Lancaster, Milpitas, Bay Point, Castaic, Utah-Hyrum, Mt Morris, Michigan, and Joelton and Alexander City, Tennessee, Evansville, Indiana, Tucson, Arizona, and Manchester, New Hampshire (these three have the mansard roof) still have old mid to late 90s equipment. Does anywhere still have the late 80s-early 90s play equipment and are there any other businesses that bought the play equipment once McDonald's stopped using it and are currently using it?? Does McDonald's plan to replace all the old play equipment along with remodeling all their restaurants, or are they exempt? Let me know of any more old school McDonald's PlayPlaces and what the play equipment packages are called.

https://haydenbusinessblog.blogspot.com ... -food.html (Please look at History of Fast Food PlayPlaces at McDonald's picture, if nothing else).
Here's the article about the Folsom McDonald's removing old school play equipment: https://haydenbusinessblog.blogspot.com ... urant.html.

Do you like the old equipment more or the new equipment more?
Is the franchise operating the Iron Point Road location also operate the Bradshaw Road franchise??
I was thinking about it. Do you think they should close the McDonald's and put back the indoor playground for the outlet mall and use the rest of the building for new stores?? For the mall, I thought FYE (For Your Entertainment) should open a store at the outlet mall, because they don't operate any stores in the Sacramento area outside of the Yuba City store, which recently closed or is closing as I saw. It would be hilarious if they decided to relocate the Yuba City store and open in this outlet mall, because they are the two places where the new locations are not the same as the old one (the new McDonald's PlayPlaces are different (more of an open concept and fewer tunnels) and the new FYE's are different than the old one(more memorabillia and less media). I have never seen an FYE inside an outlet mall before. It's a bit sad to think there are probably more FYE locations with the old setup (200 locations in total and 120 of those being old school locations) than McDonalds with thousands of locations with only a few with the old school setup with an old school PlayPlace. Do you like older PlayPlaces and FYE's more, or the newer ones?? Fan of tunnels and CDs/DVDs as I am or open concept and pop culture items??
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I think at this point the playgrounds aren't a great idea. Difficult to clean, liability issue, breathe in the wrong direction and your insurance for whatever (business, health, auto, whatever) goes up so you can imagine how liability insurance would be higher on a MCD with playplace vs. without. But the McDonalds ones do attract customers. The ones that are kept are kept because the franchisees are concerned if they remove them the locations will lose so much sales that there will be a problem. So that is why some of these remain and some don't.
Super S

Post by Super S »

Something I am curious about is how many Taco Bell locations had these.

Longview, WA has a location that was built with one, at 830 Ocean Beach Highway, and this is actually the only Taco Bell I have seen with one.
FrankMoore99
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by FrankMoore99 »

Super S wrote: June 7th, 2024, 7:40 am Something I am curious about is how many Taco Bell locations had these.

Longview, WA has a location that was built with one, at 830 Ocean Beach Highway, and this is actually the only Taco Bell I have seen with one.
Sandusky, Ohio used to have one at 918 W Perkins Ave. They took it out in 2018 when the restaurant was remodeled. I believe both restaurants were previously Burger Kings.