Save Mart Closing 2 Sacramento Stores

California. No non-grocery posts.
romleys
Cashier
Cashier

Save Mart Closing 2 Sacramento Stores

Post by romleys »

In addition the article mentions a S-Mart store in Stockton slated for closure.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/art ... 04826.html
reymann
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Re: Save Mart Closing 2 Sacramento Stores

Post by reymann »

save mart continues to slip slide, i don't know how much longer the chain will survive
storewanderer

Re: Save Mart Closing 2 Sacramento Stores

Post by storewanderer »

Marconi used to be a busy store. It was a large late 1990's Lucky. Hard to believe a little 25,000 square foot Wal Mart Neighborhood Market across the street did them in. That really is an attestation to just how weak of a chain they are.

I am surprised in Nevada they are doing Food Maxx conversions instead of outright closing stores but I do think it might work out for them. Save Mart should just exit Nevada entirely, they are run poorly up here (far worse than the California Stores) and there is a lot of competition. The Nevada Stores were the best performers in the former Alb NorCal Division and Save Mart killed them with higher prices, rotten products, and lousy advertisements. They cannot be competitive in this market with Wal Mart, Smiths, or WinCo due to having a California supply chain and the high costs that entails. Raleys can be successful here despite those hurdles because they have a reputation for good quality, a nice store base, and a lot of people really like them. I am guessing the only reason Save Mart remains in this market is because nobody else wants to buy the stores. Maybe they should contact Albertsons, I'm sure they could work something out.