Kroger "Boost Member Price"

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
Super S

Re: Kroger "Boost Member Price"

Post by Super S »

storewanderer wrote: May 24th, 2024, 12:21 am Seeing more of these 10% off Boost Member Exclusive tags throughout the store...

Along with the batch of price increases I notice every week when I shop this chain. Garlic previously .50 now .67. My favorite this week was the Boar's Head Wraps in the deli- they have been 4.99 for years (a true bargain as they have well over 1/4lb of meat)- now the Turkey one is 6.49 but other flavors were still tagged 4.99.

Even with the increases they're still generally priced below Safeway, Raleys, etc. but how they built their market share in my market was by pricing below those chains... This pricing attitude I see them take lately has soured me even more about the merger. I don't know if they already configured their pricing computer program to behave like the Safeway program or what. I never saw Kroger previously throw prices up 30+% in a single price increase. They were always slower. Those types of giant overnight increases were always a Safeway/Supervalu Albertsons type of thing...
Fred Meyer falls in to this category as well. Prices used to be easy and straightforward until Kroger decided that Fred Meyer needed a card for sale prices. Now I see things that remind me of Safeway/Albertsons, like doubling the price of items for a Buy One Get One Free special, then lowering the price the next week. As well as some times I have seen where a special requires a card, app, AND coupon. I have been noticing that most shelf prices have been increasing. Fred Meyer reminds me more and more of Safeway every time I shop there. If only WinCo could get their act together with out-of-stocks, dairy, meat, and produce....