Albertsons closed Glendale, AZ location

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Albertsons closed Glendale, AZ location

Post by arizonaguy »

While there was no formal store closing announcement in any news source that I can find, I can confirm that Albertsons has closed the following store:

20255 N 59th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85308

This store is 1 mile from a Safeway in a fairly affluent area where the closest competition is from a Fry's across the street and the aforementioned Safeway with a Walmart Supercenter, Sprout's, and WinCo all 2 miles away.

This store was in the LLC decor but did not have a bank or a Starbucks.
pseudo3d

Re: Albertsons closed Glendale, AZ location

Post by pseudo3d »

arizonaguy wrote:While there was no formal store closing announcement in any news source that I can find, I can confirm that Albertsons has closed the following store:

20255 N 59th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85308

This store is 1 mile from a Safeway in a fairly affluent area where the closest competition is from a Fry's across the street and the aforementioned Safeway with a Walmart Supercenter, Sprout's, and WinCo all 2 miles away.

Were either of them ex-Haggen stores?
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

pseudo3d wrote:
arizonaguy wrote:While there was no formal store closing announcement in any news source that I can find, I can confirm that Albertsons has closed the following store:

20255 N 59th Ave
Glendale, AZ 85308

Were either of them ex-Haggen stores?
Nope.

There were 3 ex-Haggens in the Phoenix area.

1.) A low volume ex-Safeway that was sandwiched between a high volume Walmart supercenter and a high volume Fry's Signature in Anthem, AZ. This store is still closed to this day.
2.) A medium volume ex-Albertsons that was about 1/4 mile from a medium volume Safeway. This store is still closed to this day.
3.) A high volume ex-Albertsons that is across the street from a medium - high volume Safeway. This store has re-opened as Albertsons and the Safeway is also still open.

In fact, Albertsons/Safeway still operate stores across the street from one another at the following locations:

Loop 303 and Bell Rd. in Surprise, AZ
Grand Ave. and Reems Rd. in Surprise, AZ
Via Linda and Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. in Scottsdale, AZ (the ex-Haggen mentioned above)
Queen Creek Rd. and Power Rd. in Gilbert / Queen Creek, AZ
Baseline Rd. and Ellsworth Rd. in Mesa, AZ

In addition, there are an Albertsons and Safeway about 1 mile from one another along Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. between Thompson Peak Pkwy. and Loop 101 in Scottsdale, AZ.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Maybe it was on a 20 year lease and the term ended?