Ralphs in Altadena Closing on 1/27

California. No non-grocery posts.
SoCalShopper1023
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Ralphs in Altadena Closing on 1/27

Post by SoCalShopper1023 »

Another Ralphs in the San Gabriel Valley is closing. I have frequented this store many times since I live in the area. I am not surprised that this store is closing, it was very outdated and lacked many features that pretty much all grocery stores have now a days like a bakery department, and deli counter for example. It looks like it never got remodeled since it was last an Alpha Beta.
klkla

Re: Ralphs in Altadena Closing on 1/27

Post by klkla »

Are you sure it was an Alpha Beta? I'm pretty sure the Altadena store was a former Market Basket unless there are two Ralph's in Alta Dena. Didnt they also build another store on the same block? I think they were planning an Aldi for that location.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Hard to believe this store is still open, for some reason I thought it closed years ago.

I wish I had interior photos though.
SoCalShopper1023
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by SoCalShopper1023 »

klkla wrote:Are you sure it was an Alpha Beta? I'm pretty sure the Altadena store was a former Market Basket unless there are two Ralph's in Alta Dena. Didnt they also build another store on the same block? I think they were planning an Aldi for that location.
According to one of my neighbors, it was a Market Basket first then Alpha Beta, then it became a Ralphs in the mid 90's due to the Yucaipa/Ralphs merger. I always assumed it was a former Alpha Beta due to being store #630 which many of the former Alpha Beta's got after becoming a Ralphs. I could be wrong though.
storewanderer wrote:Hard to believe this store is still open, for some reason I thought it closed years ago.

I wish I had interior photos though.
I am planning to do some shopping there sometime this week, I'll be more than happy to take some interior photos and post them in here.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »