Sears To Close 24 Stores

Predicting the demise of Sears & Kmart since 2017!
Alpha8472

Re: Sears To Close 24 Stores

Post by Alpha8472 »

Kmart gave up long ago on trying to train their employees to provide good customer service. It is due to a lack of proper training.

They hire employees at low wages and they don't last long. The employees really aren't taught much. They basically learn how to run a register and return items. They neglect to show employees around their own store. A friend of mine used to work at Kmart. Also, my cousin used to work in the gun department at Kmart. That was a long time ago. I had no idea she knew all about guns.

It is similar to when I worked at Ross many years ago, I was hired and they just put me to work. No one even bothered to walk me around the store and show me where various departments were. In fact, there were departments in the store that I had never set foot in. People get hired at minimum wage and then quit after just a couple months.
storewanderer

Re: Sears To Close 24 Stores

Post by storewanderer »

Haven't you ever heard the classic Kmart quote romleys: "That's not my department."

The customer service person, simply doesn't care about the books or magazines. That is not her department!

Kmart Stores are typically very thinly staffed and honestly with the attitude of the people working in them, I'm not sure the low number of employees has much of an influence on the overall experience.