Baker's - Omaha, NE

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Baker's - Omaha, NE

Post by SamSpade » May 1st, 2018, 9:51 pm

So this store name is part of the Dillon's division and they don't make a lot of effort to hide it in certain ways. There were in-store signs trying to recruit potential employees, as well as milk and eggs branded Dillon's.

The name outside was Baker's as is that on the receipt, etc. Their current branding is "Great food. Low prices."
Attached are a few photos I took.

The decor was the standard Kroger decor they've been using across all divisions until recently / in some locations. The "Garden" was quite large and the store was quite large.

For sparkling water, they had one flavor not available at Smith's or Fred Meyer, a berry - lemon. Almost all store brand products were labeled Kroger except for the categories mentioned above.

Pricing seemed to be virtually identical to Fred Meyer. I haven't been in a Smith's for a while. Natural choices was its own large area near the pharmacy. Grind your own peanut butter is priced quite a bit lower than Hy-Vee and in line with what I'm used to seeing out west. Ethnic foods had a decent depth and was displayed better than many mainstream grocers.

storewanderer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Baker's - Omaha, NE

Post by storewanderer » May 1st, 2018, 10:22 pm

Dillon's generally seems to do a good job with its stores. Gerbes in MO was pretty unimpressive, though. Given the limited competition, they seem to have fair prices and given the geography they have surprisingly fresh products (their produce seems a lot better than Smiths).