Walgreens Closures Continue in San Francisco

storewanderer

Re: Walgreens Closures Continue in San Francisco

Post by storewanderer »

That area seems to be saturated. That Walgreens didn't do much business. I think it got lost in all the other nearby stores. The Raleys nearby was one of the ones that closed pharmacy but those files went to a nearby CVS.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The Walgreens in Union Square in downtown will close next month. In August, a Walgreens across the bay in Berkeley closed.

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/sf ... 440152.php
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Walgreens closing in Sacramento in a couple weeks:

840 El Camino

I was shocked when they built that store there, wondered why (obviously to tank Rite Aid across the street)... now both will be gone. Good job Walgreens over expanding.

Used to be a Rite Aid across the street; that was a scary Rite Aid. Former Payless and Pay N Save. Maybe a former Super S too. Scary place there. Extremely awkward vibe in that store and parking lot.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Found this video as I was looking at coupon videos on Youtube:

This time Castro district cosmetics aisle was hit.

Reusable bags - of course- were used by the shoplifters so they walked in like a "regular customer" with those. Looks like one has one of the "super thick plastic" reusable bags. The thin bags that are banned (a ban that needs to be overturned) would have punctured/broken before they got out of the store if they had tried to stuff those with product.
Backpacks too.

Or maybe it is Walgreens fault for not having these items locked up. But as I've seen with Wal Mart locking things up the thieves just break the locking cases if they want product.

If it isn't bad enough they stole a bunch of product they also had to leave a huge mess in the aisle and damage a good amount of product and fixtures as well.

~ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZhm2gG1ypA
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Another Walgreens is closing at 275 Sacramento St. Customer prescriptions will be available at other Walgreens locations when this store closes February 27.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/wal ... francisco/
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 10th, 2024, 4:07 pm Another Walgreens is closing at 275 Sacramento St. Customer prescriptions will be available at other Walgreens locations when this store closes February 27.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/wal ... francisco/
This is in the heart of the Financial District across from the giant Embarcadero Center buildings.

This is right across the street from the McDonalds that also closed recently which was at 235 Front.

This neighborhood is very safe and has been largely insulated from the various crime issues nearby along Market Street and in Union Square.

There just isn't traffic anymore despite that the Financial District is safe and clean.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

The closed Chicago flagship in the converted bank in Wicker Park is going to be a new Barnes & Noble.
norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

6199 Sunrise is like a billboard of a store it is such a busy intersection... I also find it ironic this store is closing as it was clearly positioned to extract customers from the Sunrise/Arcadia Rite Aid and Sunrise/Madison Rite Aids. Things must have been going VERY badly for this Walgreens because their $2.2 million per year lease does not end until 2032... https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/6199-Su ... /30868240/

6819 Watt in North Highlands was again an attack on the Rite Aid across the street which is an owned building and a store that seems to have gotten more and more unpleasant over the years and I wouldn't visit it after dark. I see this store's lease also expires in 2032 and Walgreens is going to spot $2.2 million per year of lease expense until they can find a shoe outlet to move into the space like they did for their former Norwood Store another ill fated attack on an existing Rite Aid. https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/6819-Wa ... /30979095/

These stores must have been bleeding money for the leases to still have 8 years left at $2.2 million per year each...

Not too surprised about Watt but Sunrise does surprise me that they didn't try to do things to make it work.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 8:42 pm
6199 Sunrise is like a billboard of a store it is such a busy intersection... I also find it ironic this store is closing as it was clearly positioned to extract customers from the Sunrise/Arcadia Rite Aid and Sunrise/Madison Rite Aids. Things must have been going VERY badly for this Walgreens because their $2.2 million per year lease does not end until 2032... https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/6199-Su ... /30868240/

6819 Watt in North Highlands was again an attack on the Rite Aid across the street which is an owned building and a store that seems to have gotten more and more unpleasant over the years and I wouldn't visit it after dark. I see this store's lease also expires in 2032 and Walgreens is going to spot $2.2 million per year of lease expense until they can find a shoe outlet to move into the space like they did for their former Norwood Store another ill fated attack on an existing Rite Aid. https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/6819-Wa ... /30979095/

These stores must have been bleeding money for the leases to still have 8 years left at $2.2 million per year each...

Not too surprised about Watt but Sunrise does surprise me that they didn't try to do things to make it work.
I can't believe how high that rent is either. Way too much.