Amazon Fresh In-Store Promotion $15 off $35 until 3/14/22

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region. No non-grocery posts.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Amazon Fresh In-Store Promotion $15 off $35 until 3/14/22

Post by CalItalian »

This harks of defunct chain Fresh 'n Easy promotions. They didn't end well.

Take a screenshot? LOL. Couponers dream.

All locations nationally are listed.
https://www.amazon.com/fmc/m/30003039?t ... 9uIEZyZXNo
storewanderer

Re: Amazon Fresh In-Store Promotion $15 off $35 until 3/14/22

Post by storewanderer »

CalItalian wrote: January 26th, 2022, 7:42 pm This harks of defunct chain Fresh 'n Easy promotions. They didn't end well.

Terms say
"The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $15. Offer may not be combined with other offers. Offer limited to one per customer and account."

I wonder if they require you to log in to use this? How do you log in at the physical store? Same way you use the scan/bag/go cart? What if you just go to the normal cashier?

Wal Mart has been running $10 back on $35 online via American Express the past couple months (up to 4 times per card). Raleys ONE offering $10 off $40 every so often. Smiths ran $10 off $75 last week. I am noticing more and more $ off $ offers lately which I find interesting given the price increases.

I did notice Dollar General is making its $5 off $25 Saturday a $5 off $30 next Saturday.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

storewanderer wrote: January 26th, 2022, 7:48 pm
CalItalian wrote: January 26th, 2022, 7:42 pm This harks of defunct chain Fresh 'n Easy promotions. They didn't end well.

Terms say
"The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $15. Offer may not be combined with other offers. Offer limited to one per customer and account."

I wonder if they require you to log in to use this? How do you log in at the physical store? Same way you use the scan/bag/go cart? What if you just go to the normal cashier?

Wal Mart has been running $10 back on $35 online via American Express the past couple months (up to 4 times per card). Raleys ONE offering $10 off $40 every so often. Smiths ran $10 off $75 last week. I am noticing more and more $ off $ offers lately which I find interesting given the price increases.

I did notice Dollar General is making its $5 off $25 Saturday a $5 off $30 next Saturday.
This was posted in a coupon group I participate in. Apparently, you don't need an Amazon account and it's best used at a cashier.

This is very high value for today. Albertsons has been cutting back on these type of promotions. Ralphs only once in a blue moon has them. They are pushing delivery $/$$ coupons at Ralphs.

I use to get $5 off $50 every week from Vons & Safeway. Now, only occasionally and the offers are between $5 off $50 and $13 off $130. They did give $3 to $5 off thank you digital coupons, no minimum two weeks ago, to *some* customers. I got $3.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

CalItalian wrote: January 26th, 2022, 7:57 pm
This is very high value for today. Albertsons has been cutting back on these type of promotions. Ralphs only once in a blue moon has them. They are pushing delivery $/$$ coupons at Ralphs.

I use to get $5 off $50 every week from Vons & Safeway. Now, only occasionally and the offers are between $5 off $50 and $13 off $130. They did give $3 to $5 off thank you digital coupons, no minimum two weeks ago, to *some* customers. I got $3.
I got a $5 any purchase over $5 from Safeway and it did not work in my first transaction for some reason (all grocery items, used self checkout) and I tried it again at a regular cashier and it worked there. Not sure if it was one of their odd offers that does not work at self checkout or what.

$15 off $35- just desperate for foot traffic. Should have tried $5 off $20 to at least limit the $ of the discount.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

storewanderer wrote: January 26th, 2022, 8:46 pm
CalItalian wrote: January 26th, 2022, 7:57 pm

I got a $5 any purchase over $5 from Safeway and it did not work in my first transaction for some reason (all grocery items, used self checkout) and I tried it again at a regular cashier and it worked there. Not sure if it was one of their odd offers that does not work at self checkout or what.

$15 off $35- just desperate for foot traffic. Should have tried $5 off $20 to at least limit the $ of the discount.
Once in a while I'll have an issue with a digital store coupon at Vons. But I wouldn't chalk it up to self checkout. More so to the system.

The only chain I am aware of in SoCal right now that has a $/$$ off coupon that isn't tied to a supermarket loyalty account is Lazy Acres. They're doing $10 off $35 this week & its just a printable or show on your smartphone.

During a recent grand opening for Sprouts in my city, Menifee, the best coupon they sent out in the snail mail was $10 off $40. They had a variety of other coupons with lesser discounts. Aldi in the next city north only had $5 off $25 for their grand opening.
Arizona & Las Vegas Safeway, Albertsons & Vons had $5 off $50 on $5 Friday's last Friday. Smart & Final had a $/$$ in the last few weeks. Don't recall the amount but it's because they just introduced digital coupons.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

CalItalian wrote: January 26th, 2022, 11:15 pmOnce in a while I'll have an issue with a digital store coupon at Vons. But I wouldn't chalk it up to self checkout. More so to the system.

The only chain I am aware of in SoCal right now that has a $/$$ off coupon that isn't tied to a supermarket loyalty account is Lazy Acres. They're doing $10 off $35 this week & its just a printable or show on your smartphone.

During a recent grand opening for Sprouts in my city, Menifee, the best coupon they sent out in the snail mail was $10 off $40. They had a variety of other coupons with lesser discounts. Aldi in the next city north only had $5 off $25 for their grand opening.
Arizona & Las Vegas Safeway, Albertsons & Vons had $5 off $50 on $5 Friday's last Friday. Smart & Final had a $/$$ in the last few weeks. Don't recall the amount but it's because they just introduced digital coupons.
It will be interesting to see if Amazon pulls this coupon because to keep it going until March 14 is going to be very costly. I guess they can tinker with pricing if they want to and mark prices up to account for these coupons.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

The Irvine location has perpetually been issuing high value coupons since it opened. In October, November and December, they sent out a mailer with two $10 off $20 and two $20 off $50 coupons attached. The November and December, the coupons had to be loaded and redeemed through your Amazon account. No mailings for January, nor have they mailed a circular since Christmas.

I no longer subscribe to the Entertainment app, but last year they had a $5 off $30/50/75 coupon that would reset weekly. However, the app gave access to the coupon at each location, so if you wanted another, you could go to the next nearest store. Same was true with BB&B. I understand that they pulled out, not sure if Ralphs did (they’ve been participating for many years).

Albertsons has sent me $5 off $50 each week since the beginning of the year. It’s the first $ off coupon I’ve received since around Thanksgiving 2020. I also received a $5 off $5, but it disappeared before I was able to use it. Albertsons also use to send monthly mailers with four $5 off $30 / $10 off $50 coupons. These stacked with the digital coupons, although I’m sure they didn’t intend for that. I still get the mailers, but it directs me to sign up for J4U for coupons.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Bagels wrote: January 29th, 2022, 4:18 pm The Irvine location has perpetually been issuing high value coupons since it opened. In October, November and December, they sent out a mailer with two $10 off $20 and two $20 off $50 coupons attached. The November and December, the coupons had to be loaded and redeemed through your Amazon account. No mailings for January, nor have they mailed a circular since Christmas.

I no longer subscribe to the Entertainment app, but last year they had a $5 off $30/50/75 coupon that would reset weekly. However, the app gave access to the coupon at each location, so if you wanted another, you could go to the next nearest store. Same was true with BB&B. I understand that they pulled out, not sure if Ralphs did (they’ve been participating for many years).

Albertsons has sent me $5 off $50 each week since the beginning of the year. It’s the first $ off coupon I’ve received since around Thanksgiving 2020. I also received a $5 off $5, but it disappeared before I was able to use it. Albertsons also use to send monthly mailers with four $5 off $30 / $10 off $50 coupons. These stacked with the digital coupons, although I’m sure they didn’t intend for that. I still get the mailers, but it directs me to sign up for J4U for coupons.
I saw the same coupon and it is heavily promoted via paid sponsored post on Facebook and Instagram.

You and I have debated Amazon Fresh - and now I think we are on the same page that it has crashed and burned. But I couldn't quite figure out how they accelerated their own demise until now. They started with good pricing and what I would describe as the best home delivery experience I have seen in groceries ever. Operated for months with the stores closed and had hundreds of employees pulling orders, outnumbering customers 3 to 1 while the customers queued outside to get in. Stores delivering thousands of orders a day which is the holy grail of e-commerce grocery businesses.

The coupons were the real killer. They got the customer addicted to waiting for a sale instead of trying to change their in person grocery shopping habits, but at the same time they completely devalued the home delivery service since the coupons only work in store. Now the customer perception becomes delivery costs more than just the tip for the driver. So now the customer who had switched over to regular delivery is mad because they can't save $10 to $15 on their order - and at the same time they have to drive past a bunch of more convenient competitors if they want to take advantage of the coupon. Forgotten in no time.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: January 29th, 2022, 10:02 pm

The coupons were the real killer. They got the customer addicted to waiting for a sale instead of trying to change their in person grocery shopping habits, but at the same time they completely devalued the home delivery service since the coupons only work in store. Now the customer perception becomes delivery costs more than just the tip for the driver. So now the customer who had switched over to regular delivery is mad because they can't save $10 to $15 on their order - and at the same time they have to drive past a bunch of more convenient competitors if they want to take advantage of the coupon. Forgotten in no time.
I wonder if a $10 off $100 home delivery coupon would have been more effective... or at least a good companion. They could screw around with the pricing real easily to help their margins... with online ordering and the electronic shelf tags in store...
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

I saw this in my Amazon account online while browsing for something else, and I've already used this coupon twice at my local 'Fresh' store. I thought it was another localized offer (they mailed out a measly 20% off purchases above $25 coupon a few weeks ago, and a $10 off $50 or something of little value) but I've also seen ads for it on my Facebook feed.

One thing I noticed last night is that my total was only $34.95 and the coupon still came off just fine (I was going to grab like a couple mushrooms from the bulk bin to pad the total as I already had bananas in my cart, but scanned it on the Dash cart before I checked out and saw it come off). Makes me curious to experiment some more next time with this one :P.

And just to add, the two times I've stopped in recently (this location, their only one so far in PA, opened this past August), the store is an absolute ghost town. I was one of maybe 5 other people shopping the entire time I was in there. Prices, that already weren't that great, have again increased on most things. The coupon definitely helped a lot though and made stuff a bit cheaper than elsewhere. Shelves have been a little fuller than they were, but there are still noticeable gaping holes. Product rotation of perishable dairy items still seems to be lacking. I have found they sell an Italian hoagie by the Deli counter that is actually pretty decent for the price (compared to most of the prepared food options which are just outrageous), just don't look at the nutrition facts!

But I don't know how this store is going to survive in its current format unless they are really doing a tremendous 'Pickup' business that I just don't see.