Home Depot Set On Fire in San Jose, California

veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Home Depot Set On Fire in San Jose, California

Post by veteran+ »

HCal wrote: April 17th, 2022, 2:53 am
TW-Upstate NY wrote: April 11th, 2022, 10:49 am Just to show what kind of a mindset this brings on when I saw the headline on the news feed about this Saturday evening I wondered if the fire could've been the result of a retail theft incident. I didn't even need details; I just knew. Those of you who live in these areas-how do you do it? It seems this stuff is just a way of life there and people just shrug their shoulders and go on with their day. It's become a quality of life issue that will make these areas unlivable which eventually bring down sky high property values because there will be no takers. Makes me appreciate my three acres in the middle of nowhere even more.
Having lived in California my whole life, this is a total non-issue. Some store had a fire, their insurance company will pay for it, life goes on. But for some reason, people who live in the "middle of nowhere" (as you put it) have a strange obsession with California. When I travel to other states, I'm amazed at how much the media and the locals talk about how California is about to collapse. Not to get political, but I think this is pushed by conservative media sources. Meanwhile, the state economy and population just keep on growing.

Exactly and thank you!!!!

Fires can be blazing out of control in another State but if there is a brush fire in California it is front page news and of course the fire happens because of free roaming thugs and/or incompetent and corrupt governance. And the coverage is relentless.

This goes for every topic under sun!

It is exhausting. My family and friends think I am living in an Armageddon.

:?
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

The only thing keeping California afloat is the Silicon Valley and Hollywood. Ask the people in the Central Valley or rural California how things are, or U-Haul.
lake52
Cashier
Cashier

Post by lake52 »

To get back on topic, I’ve been surprised that the media has not picked up on this aspect of the fire. As mentioned above, anytime someone stubs a toe in California, certain wings of the media are ready to report how California is on the verge of collapse.

I’m sure we have people “in the know” here, but I’ve got to ask, do we even know for sure this fire was a result of looting or are we making assumptions?
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

We all know that there are coverups. They do not report even a fraction of what happens at retail stores for fear of copycats.

Here are details about arson attacks from Walmart employees themselves. Arson attack at Walmart in San Leandro, California on Hesperian Boulevard October 2015. Arsonist sets Halloween costumes on fire. Store is evacuated.

March 2015, Walmart on Davis street in San Leandro: Late night fire at Walmart: store evacuated and heavy water damage. Fire destroys McDonald's. McDonald's is closed for almost 1 year. May 2020: Walmart on Davis street in San Leandro is looted and set on fire. The store is closed for 4 months for an extensive rebuild. Summer 2020, Walmart Hesperian is attacked by an arsonist. Store is temporarily closed. Employees say a man asked if anyone was injured. Employees believe the man was the arsonist. Unable to get police to take action...

2021, Walmart in San Leandro on Davis Street was attacked by shoplifters who lit multiple fires in an attempt to steal merchandise. Store employees fight back and use every single fire extinguisher to save the store. The store smelled like smoke for almost a month. 2021, Hesperian Walmart attacked again by shoplifters who attempted to set store on fire.

March 2022: Arson attack by shoplifters at Fremont, California Walmart.

The employees now realize that if the corporate office finds out how common these attacks are, the corporate office will close these stores.

A few weeks ago a Walmart employee told me someone stole all of the propane tanks at his store. I went to the store last week and I saw the propane cage again broken open and tanks were taken.

In a YouTube video of the Home Depot fire a bystander said he could hear propane tanks at Home Depot exploding.

Home Depot employees are not allowed to say anything about the cause of the fire. If even a rumor about it being an arson attack reached corporate, the corporate office would seriously consider not reopening the store. Their jobs are at stake. Of course, they will say they have no idea how it started. It was just an accident. An arsonist would of course try to make it look like an accident. They would distract employees and make sure they are not seen.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on April 17th, 2022, 6:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

lake52 wrote: April 17th, 2022, 9:14 am

I’m sure we have people “in the know” here, but I’ve got to ask, do we even know for sure this fire was a result of looting or are we making assumptions?
There are various groups including Federal trying to determine/manufacturer the cause of the fire.

They will never come out and admit the fire was a result of looting regardless if it was or wasn't. Too many other convenient excuses. Equipment failure etc. The lumber department where the fire started.... is not going to just catch fire unless someone or something sparked a fire there. Might even be low level thieves; someone goes in and sets fire to the lumber section (which probably has lousy camera coverage) while the other part of the theft ring group is over clearing out the tool department which is always placed a lot closer to the doors than it should be, during a chaos. Someone was smoking inside the store and it started a fire (yeah right). Many convenient excuses can be used.

Go ahead and cite other places where this type of thing has happened outside California. I'm sure there are many examples out there (or at least a few)... right?

Not going to make any comments as to what is going on in CA other than the amount of folks moving out of the state speaks for itself. Personally I'd rather see the issues fixed and things get onto a better track. Eventually the issues will be fixed.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

I think it would be beneficial for more people to move out of the State.

I would suggest Texas.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Propane is used to convert marijuana into Butane Honey Oil (BHO),which is highly concentrated and potent
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Do a Google search for Walmart Arson Texas and you get multiple reports. It is happening all over.

Walmart arsons in Michigan, and some kind of political group set fires at 4 Walmarts in Alabama and Mississippi in 2021.

April 10, Clinton, Maryland Walmart fire.
Last edited by Alpha8472 on April 17th, 2022, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: April 17th, 2022, 11:54 am I think it would be beneficial for more people to move out of the State.

I would suggest Texas.
People should move if it works for them. But the bottom line is there may be financial reasons to move to Texas but there are a lot of other things about it that are just... not great. Dallas was a place I visited and I said I'd never want to live in. Just didn't like the feel of the area or the layout.

People would be much happier if things got cleaned up in California and they did not have to move.

Conversely I worked with someone who moved to Reno from Dallas (wasn't really their option; spouse work situation) and hated it in Reno. They ended up moving to what I'd call a not great part of California in the central valley (but I like it better there than Dallas...), and are happier than they were in Reno, but still would prefer to go back to Dallas when possible.
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by HCal »

jamcool wrote: April 17th, 2022, 9:05 am The only thing keeping California afloat is the Silicon Valley and Hollywood. Ask the people in the Central Valley or rural California how things are, or U-Haul.
I'm in the Central Valley. As for how things are, we are the fastest-growing region of the state, and home prices are rapidly increasing, although not quite at LA levels yet, due to the influx of residents from both the urban areas of California and from out of state.