Terrible Experience With Vons

California. No non-grocery posts.
J-Man
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Re: Terrible Experience With Vons

Post by J-Man »

Well, still no response from an actual human at either Albertsons/Vons or BBB, but I got an automated email from Vons stating "Refund request approved," and they did in fact process a refund for $11.80, which is the amount I was overcharged for the five items that qualified for the Fab 5 pricing.

My local Vons (formerly a Pavilions) is the closest full-service supermarket to me (the only closer options are Smart & Final Extra (former Ralphs), Grocery Outlet, Target, and Aldi.) I'm still sufficiently annoyed with Vons/Albertsons that I'm unlikely to shop there again without some compelling reason. I'm really disappointed that no one has given any explanation or apology for their complete failure in dealing with this issue.
storewanderer

Re: Terrible Experience With Vons

Post by storewanderer »

J-Man wrote: August 12th, 2022, 8:29 am Well, still no response from an actual human at either Albertsons/Vons or BBB, but I got an automated email from Vons stating "Refund request approved," and they did in fact process a refund for $11.80, which is the amount I was overcharged for the five items that qualified for the Fab 5 pricing.

My local Vons (formerly a Pavilions) is the closest full-service supermarket to me (the only closer options are Smart & Final Extra (former Ralphs), Grocery Outlet, Target, and Aldi.) I'm still sufficiently annoyed with Vons/Albertsons that I'm unlikely to shop there again without some compelling reason. I'm really disappointed that no one has given any explanation or apology for their complete failure in dealing with this issue.
Hard to believe they somehow initiated a refund but also didn't contact you. I guess they think the automated e-mail constitutes contacting you.

Whatever or whoever is overseeing this online service clearly is not a grocery person who has an understanding of customer service. Probably run by someone or a group of someones with a tech background who aren't used to interacting with actual customers. Not making excuses here but I find this very interesting.

They have a long ways to go to align their attitude to a consistent manner between the stores and this online support end.