Raleys Major Remodel Reno-Keystone Ave.

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Re: Raleys Major Remodel Reno-Keystone Ave.

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: May 28th, 2023, 8:21 pm

I had the opportunity to swing by this store today... I will say it was rather improved compared to my undergrad days at UNR when I would much rather drive out to Robb Drive or Mayberry than visit this location. Store seemed much better stocked than the ONE Store or even Carson City.
I don't want to be mean but if I didn't know the store was actually closed for 4 months, I would have assumed the store just got a remodel (like any other remodel). I guess I was expecting a borderline rebuild as a result of being closed for 4 months but the end product is largely the same old store as before; albeit with new ceiling tiles, new fixtures/equipment/refrigeration, but the same outdated exterior, same tiny bakery as before, same tiny deli but cases arranged differently to add space, same tiny meat area but with a new cooler added across from the wall... a lot of what was done here should have been done 20 years ago to get the store up to 20 years ago standards but wasn't done (last remodel was around 1995).

They really cleaned up the center store merchandising in there. They threw so many options in there that it didn't have before and brought all the aisles to full length/height (before closing there were missing aisles and shortened aisles on the drug half of the store). I think it has an equivalent selection to Robb Drive now (currently best assorted store in the area of any chain, not just Raleys).