Pet Friendly Stores

storewanderer

Re: Pet Friendly Stores

Post by storewanderer »

buckguy wrote: August 4th, 2023, 4:27 pm
ClownLoach wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 7:39 am The problem is that all three chains have the majority of their stores in California
Not really--I only looked at JoAnn. but the DC/Baltimore area has almost as many as LA County (probably similar populations). JoAnn got their start in the Cleveland area and expanded from there, so there are plenty of stores in the Midwest. JoAnn began in the fabric business and grew by taking over other fabric chains. I don't know about Hobby Lobby, but Michaels seems to have long been a place that mostly sold the kind of cheap stuff that used to be sold by Woolworth and Kresge variety stores.
Hobby Lobby has a much larger, more cluttered, and more downscale mix than Michaels. Hobby Lobby handles a lot more products but a lot of it is fluff to fill space. It is interesting how well Hobby Lobby has done in California. I did not think they'd do very well in that market. Of course they do great in the middle of the US, that is not surprising.

If it is of any comfort I think Hobby Lobby is a lot of the reason why we are seeing Wal Mart downsize and in some cases remove the fabric/craft category from its stores.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

I can't imagine bringing my cats (or even one of them) to a store, although I've seen people at Petsmart holding a cat in their arms. That is NOT a place for a pet. Not sure why people insist on bringing their pets everywhere they go. Service animals are one thing, but I can tell you that cats are not service animals!
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

rwsandiego wrote: August 5th, 2023, 12:57 am I can't imagine bringing my cats (or even one of them) to a store, although I've seen people at Petsmart holding a cat in their arms. That is NOT a place for a pet. Not sure why people insist on bringing their pets everywhere they go. Service animals are one thing, but I can tell you that cats are not service animals!
Because they are selfish and self centered. Everything is about them.

Comfort pets I'm sure :lol:

The way we are going (regarding food establishments) there will be increasing incidents of zoonosis in our future.