Wawa All Digital Store With No Shelves

Gas stations & convenience stores (AM/PM, 7-Eleven, etc.)
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Wawa All Digital Store With No Shelves

Post by Romr123 »

I think that niche aspect of things says it well. Stewart's in NY is quite similar to Quality Dairy in Lansing, MI...ice cream and good centralized bakery and in-house dairy along side standard C-store offerings.

Hadn't thought of the dairy-adjacent c-store being a dairy depot in lieu of milk delivery....makes a lot of sense. There are a few locations around which were built in the early 70s as Dairy Mart out of Cleveland (which I guess also has some connection to Lawson's)
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Wawa All Digital Store With No Shelves

Post by BillyGr »

Romr123 wrote: August 15th, 2023, 5:44 am I think that niche aspect of things says it well. Stewart's in NY is quite similar to Quality Dairy in Lansing, MI...ice cream and good centralized bakery and in-house dairy along side standard C-store offerings.

Hadn't thought of the dairy-adjacent c-store being a dairy depot in lieu of milk delivery....makes a lot of sense. There are a few locations around which were built in the early 70s as Dairy Mart out of Cleveland (which I guess also has some connection to Lawson's)
When you read a bit of history, it seems like if a certain PA/OH chain of years ago (known for their ice cream, including those chocolate covered bars that are now in stores everywhere) had had people who were willing/able, they could still be around today in much the same format as these stores. Keeping the ice cream and other dairy items (as Stewart's has), even keeping their deli functions (much like a Wawa/Quick Chek sandwich making counter), then adding other convenience store offerings.