Walmart Says Weight Loss Drugs Reducing Food Sales

BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Walmart Says Weight Loss Drugs Reducing Food Sales

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 6th, 2023, 11:58 am Ozempic is meant for diabetics, however I have seen many people without diabetes trying to get it. In some cases there are some anorexic people who try to fill it. They look like they are in bad shape. It is disturbing. Many people are forging prescriptions for these weight loss drugs. I have seen many fraudulent prescriptions show up.
Maybe other places need to catch up with NY, where the doctors now do all prescriptions electronically.

Thus, no way to forge one, since the average person has no access to the system.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Perhaps, but electronic prescriptions can be just as bad. Often doctors give their assistants access to their computers and anyone can use the e-prescribe system to send electronic prescriptions using the doctor's name. Just as doctors leave blank prescription pads out for their assistants to write prescriptions for them.

Online doctors are prescribing Ozempic like crazy after only a video appointment. Those prescriptions are always electronic.

Now people are making money selling Ozempic on the black market. Previously it was Vicodin and Norco. Now people make even more selling weight loss drugs. The losers are pharmacies who have to dispense the medications to people using pharmacy discount coupons which cost the pharmacy for each prescription. Pharmacies lose money when people don't use insurance and use pharmacy discount coupons.

Mom and pop pharmacies would rather not even stock Ozempic than lose money on every prescription for weight loss drugs.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 6th, 2023, 10:28 pm Perhaps, but electronic prescriptions can be just as bad. Often doctors give their assistants access to their computers and anyone can use the e-prescribe system to send electronic prescriptions using the doctor's name. Just as doctors leave blank prescription pads out for their assistants to write prescriptions for them.
That isn't the same thing.

Forging prescriptions was when someone (say a patient) would spot those pads and take some, forging the doctor's signature, to get whatever they wanted.

If the assistants (or nurses or whatever) are sending them electronically when the doctor (or PA, or NP) asks them to do that, they are not fraudulent, still being done under the doctor's order.

If they send prescriptions that the doctor has not approved (by any means), they should be charged accordingly, but that still isn't fraud on the part of the patient.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

They need to look at their operations before they go and blame the customer for their shortcomings. After vowing to never set foot in one again, I had a less than stellar checkout experience at a local Wally World. Approximately 5 of 28 registers open and all self checkouts closed on one side of the store when you've got customers buying stuff like there's no tomorrow and carts filled up to overflowing WILL NOT cut it. And the only reason I went there is because they are the only store I can buy regular caffeine-free Coca Cola locally. It should NOT take close to a half hour to go grab four twelve packs off the shelf and get through checkout. Maybe I ought to just give it up or (horror of horrors) start drinking caffeine-free regular Pepsi which is still available at Hannaford.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Talk to store management at any other store and they should be able to get you that decaf Coke. It is very easy for stores to special order DSD items. Unless the management is completely useless (sadly this is more common than it should be lately).

As far as excuses for weight loss drugs reducing food sales, yes, okay, whatever. Also it was bad weather yesterday so that reduced sales. Oh and today it was too hot out so that reduced sales too.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

TW-Upstate NY wrote: October 11th, 2023, 11:01 am It should NOT take close to a half hour to go grab four twelve packs off the shelf and get through checkout. Maybe I ought to just give it up or (horror of horrors) start drinking caffeine-free regular Pepsi which is still available at Hannaford.
Surprising that they don't since they do have caffeine free Diet Coke items in several sizes/packages.
TW-Upstate NY
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by TW-Upstate NY »

I guess it's not a huge seller so it's not produced in as large a quantity as the diet version. Can't find it in 2-liter bottles either. Price Chopper had it but over the summer it dried up there store by store locally. Only other place is Shop-Rite and the closest one to me is about a 50 mile round trip.